IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Closed Thread  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Brownstown Speedway USAC Indiana Sprint Week
7/11/10, 11:17 PM   #11
Re: Brownstown Speedway USAC Indiana Sprint W
jerseysprintnut

Race Count This Year: 21
Race Count Last Year: 17

Hope you didn't take that as being a negative comment, just saying it'll get over a little later!!! (Count me in as being pumped up too)
4 days to go!!! Yeah Baby

Later, JERSEY

7/12/10, 2:22 AM   #12
3Cfan

4 on the top row, on an aisle, would be appreciated Chris!

7/12/10, 2:57 AM   #13
Chris Nunn

Race Count This Year: 20

Ill have to see about the seat saving thing, I dont know what time ill be there on Thursday

7/12/10, 6:55 AM   #14
Dyno Don

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrentTFunk View Post
Just for the record, they purchased a brand new grandstand a few years ago, and the town would not issue the permits to build it. I know the community does not support it much, in fact there is a poster on this site who gets on here and bashes the track constantly, and brags that he never goes there. If the race fans in the community are not supportive and positive you will never win over the others.

To the origional topic, Chris thank you for the invite, looking forward to returning to Brownstown.
What I do not understand is that several years ago the did build another section of grandstands. But why did the use same goofy configuration that the rest of the seats are?

7/12/10, 10:58 AM   #15
boiler

Am I to assume that there will be limited seating at Brownstown????? This Thursday night will be my first trip there in long time.
Last edited by boiler; 7/12/10 at 10:59 AM.

7/12/10, 11:10 AM   #16
racerdog45

Quote:
Originally Posted by boiler View Post
Am I to assume that there will be limited seating at Brownstown????? This Thursday night will be my first trip there in long time.
Good luck getting a decent seat because the weekly fans put blankets and so on down for the WHOLE year then don't always show for the big races or they take up twice the room they actually need. We went to the Jackson 100 last year and it was a joke the way they took up so many extra seats. There is no reason why tracks can't charge an extra dollar and do reserve seats and issue a ticket. Brownstown, Gas City and the Burg are the worse for abuse of the "blanket policy" and I just don't hardly even bother to go to big shows at these tracks anymore. Eldora does reserve seats ONLINE or advanced at window and it works out great.

7/12/10, 1:14 PM   #17
AERO410SCJA

Race Count This Year: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by racerdog45 View Post
Good luck getting a decent seat because the weekly fans put blankets and so on down for the WHOLE year then don't always show for the big races or they take up twice the room they actually need. We went to the Jackson 100 last year and it was a joke the way they took up so many extra seats. There is no reason why tracks can't charge an extra dollar and do reserve seats and issue a ticket. Brownstown, Gas City and the Burg are the worse for abuse of the "blanket policy" and I just don't hardly even bother to go to big shows at these tracks anymore. Eldora does reserve seats ONLINE or advanced at window and it works out great.
Went to brownstown for the last USAC show and got a top row seat,and also for the UMP sumernationals last year after a midget week rain out.YOU CAN'T SHOW UP 6 O'CLOCK AND EXPECT TOP ROW

3 members like this post: awnunn, Charles Nungester, jim goerge
7/12/10, 1:17 PM   #18
hoosier race fan

Good luck with the stands at Brownstown. I know it is a historic facility, but it could use some serious updates. Not trying to bash the place, just being honest. I've wondered for a while why Gas City hasn't expanded the main grandstand to the west like they did to the east. When I went by Saturday night, the parking lot of the trucking company next door was full. I know several years ago they talked about moving the pits to the east end of the grounds so they could turn the pit stands into regular grandstands and have a larger area for spectator parking on the west end of the grounds. Too many people is a good problem to have though. There are fewer people racing but the number of fans attending races at this level seems to be up quite a bit this year.

7/12/10, 1:31 PM   #19
racerdog45

Quote:
Originally Posted by AERO410SCJA View Post
Went to brownstown for the last USAC show and got a top row seat,and also for the UMP sumernationals last year after a midget week rain out.YOU CAN'T SHOW UP 6 O'CLOCK AND EXPECT TOP ROW
we got to the Jackson before 4pm and where we ended up sitting was in the next to top row (in seats someone marked off and didn't use and let us use) and the top row was marked off for the ENTIRE row and NO ONE sat there saturday night and finally, 2 laps into the feature on Sunday a member of that family showed up with his wife and 2 little kids and tried to make the 2 of us plus 3 other people get out of HIS seats. In front of us both nights were 5 people who were together who in 2 rows took up a total of 10 seats, so they could place their coolers on seats, plus big bags of food. And we saw MANY other abuses. Sorry but you can sell reserved seats for big events. There are too many stories on here of people abusing the blanket policy. A local can still get good seats and leave some for the people who attend big shows with a reserve seat policy. Most of the people on here go to big shows and cannot in alot of cases show up 6 hours, 6 days or 6 weeks early to mark off a decent seat BUT we can place an order for tickets pretty easy. Not sure why people are afraid of reserve seats, pretty much ANY event you attend you buy a ticket and get a reserve seat, seems to work better and be more fair than the good ol' blanket policy..........

7/12/10, 1:46 PM   #20
HoosierMikey

Thanks for the post Chris. I am going to try and be there if at all possible. I think Brownstown is one of the best tracks around. Should be a great night of racing. I don't think you need to worry about having enough fans show up. I think it will be a packed house. Have not been able to be there yet this year but from past experience, you guys do a Great job!!!!

Closed Thread Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Brownstown Speedway USAC Indiana Sprint Week