IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Brickyard 400 today!
7/29/14, 9:50 AM   #31
HARFprez

Race Count This Year: 3

Right Brent, they do need us more and u can tell that by drivers reaction to just walking in our place. I hope the powers that be in nascar don't go all " bernie ecklestone" on us and price themselves out of business. And also hope a "drivers union" doesn't split another series, anyone remember the USA (United Sprints of America) ?
And i'm sure Danny meant Tony Hulman, not George. Anyway, back to the dirt tracks for me.

1 member likes this post: BrentTFunk
7/29/14, 10:10 AM   #32
Re: Brickyard 400 today!
mc/rider

Race Count This Year: 42

Aero is a four letter word.Get rid of the front valance and rear wing and let em race

1 member likes this post: Charles Nungester
7/29/14, 11:00 AM   #33
Vukie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrentTFunk View Post
I hope the speedway doesn't put up lights. It would be neat, but would hurt local tracks a lot. Nascar peaked a few years ago. It is still a big deal, but nothing like it was. Teams are forming a union because they are losing money. I am sure the Nascar people are working hard to keep them at the Speedway. They need the Speedway worse than the Speedway needs them
IMS gets a nice fat check from NA$CAR of the share of the TV contract. I've read it's over 5 million dollars a year. Robin Miller believes it was only 50,000 there for the race.

The attendance for MLB is down only slightly from 2013 to 2014. Have you checked the prices to go a game lately. Blaming the economy can only go so far.

Attendance for Motorsports in general has gone down in the past decade. The next question, how much lower will it go but it flattens out?

http://montedutton.com/blog/2014/07/...fore-the-fall/
Last edited by Vukie; 7/29/14 at 11:05 AM.

1 member likes this post: BrentTFunk
7/29/14, 4:01 PM   #34
ronmil

Race Count Last Year: 48

Quote:
Originally Posted by HARFprez View Post
Ordered tickets again today. As Ron said, not a great race but damn good, and a HARF Driver of the Year won the big check. We all know attendance is down everywhere, hell, look at Bristol, and we all know how tough those seats use to be to buy. I'm guessing the Indpls. Star wants to put their usual gloom and doom spin on attendance, to panick everyone, and i would guess more in the 100,000 #'s, but how many tracks would love to have 100,000 butts in their seats? TV is happy, NASCAR is happy, and IMS is happy, so relax, soon we'll be enjoying this race under the lights on Saturday night.
I hope they never put in lights. Jimmy Kite is advocating running under the lights on Facebook. If they run at night, I will no longer attend. You can read my previous post for my reasons.

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Brickyard 400 today!