IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Belleville Bash Thank You
7/7/13, 1:59 PM   #1
Belleville Bash Thank You
wandak

Because I live in BV and was probably the first POWRi person home last night, I am probably the first person up and running this morning. (Running yes, but voice is really croaky.)
I wanted to be the first to thank all the fans for a great weekend at Little Belleville. We met some wonderful fans, campers and members of HARF and Badger Fan Clubs. The campers were great people and between Wally, or Campground Greeter and I we tried to get around to all of them to welcome them but I missed talking to the tent camper.
The St. Louis Auto Racing Fan Club hosted a nice luncheon for the HARF and Badger Fans and invited the POWRi guys and gals to lunch. A big thanks here.
Andrew S. Quinn did a good job with the Fan Club awards at the end of the Features last night.
There were first timers at Little Belleville from North Carolina, Pennsylvania, Massachusetts, Kansas, California and other states I forgot.
Thanks to all of you for giving us a great fan weekend. Hopefully we can do it again and better next year. Wanda Knepper

7/8/13, 1:27 AM   #2
Re: Belleville Bash Thank You
Kansasdirtfan

The pleasure was totally mine, Wanda. Yes, it was a first time to Belle-Clair for this Kansan, and yes, I'm looking forward to a return, hopefully for next year's Bash. A great facility and a very efficiently run program. Thanks to the organizers, racers, staff and track workers. Next up: Big Belleville!

2 members like this post: Andrew S. Quinn, KENDALLRACING
7/8/13, 10:31 AM   #3
dirtnut

Thank you to all of the staff at Belle Claire for a great two nights of racing but especially Wanda and Wally. You two are great supporters of Belle Claire and midget racing in general. Your kindness and hospitality are second to none. Sure hope the Belleville Bash II is on next years schedule. I won't miss it nor will my friends from Indiana who were here for the first time this weekend.

2 members like this post: Andrew S. Quinn, KENDALLRACING
7/8/13, 10:38 AM   #4
Andrew S. Quinn

Had a great time all weekend. Glad Wanda brought some old photo albums that I really enjoyed looking at.I like the history of the sport as well as the modern day stuff.

Funny how some people dont know who Wally is until he puts on his red hat,which he told us goes back to the 60s. Wally shared an old program and photo album with us as well,and interestingly enough he said the trailer behind his motorhome was one that he bought from Jerry Blundy.
Last edited by Andrew S. Quinn; 7/8/13 at 10:44 AM.

1 member likes this post: KENDALLRACING
7/8/13, 4:24 PM   #5
AB Racing

I have to start by saying this was my first time to visit this awesome track. I'm shocked that after seeing it and living only 2.5 hrs away that I took me so long to see a race there. If you haven't been it is a must see midget race. Wanda and Wally I agree did a great job. Only issue I had was Saturday night a "local" about 70 years old came in about 4:30 and took my blanket up and put it on the ground. This was my seat for not just me but my 4 and 12 year olds. I personally checked with Wanda on Friday, the gentle man that was working the track, and security. All said if was ok to leave them over night. On Saturday I goto and get security because the man is seating in my seat. He (not the same guy that worked Friday) says "we have no reserved seating". I said "so when he gets up I can remove his seat?" He says "NO". I was very disappointed in this act. With that being said I will be back because the racing is that good. I think I'll try my luck on the back side next time. I'm pretty sure that old mans legs are still tired from standing most of the night.

6 members like this post: Andrew S. Quinn, dirtnut, luckybuc97, Mud Packer, rclaridge
7/8/13, 5:57 PM   #6
Koonzee

Great races. Great track. Great people! For those who haven't been there,yet. Belle Claire is to midgets what Kokomo is to sprints.

Posted via Mobile Device

7/8/13, 8:39 PM   #7
wandak

Don't you know there is always one in every bunch! Sorry you drew him AB.
Since this is the first one, we'll go forward from here. Thanks for coming and the good words. Wanda

6 members like this post: Andrew S. Quinn, dirtnut, KENDALLRACING, rclaridge, sw1911
7/9/13, 11:16 AM   #8
Red Hat

I brought the trailer from Herb Flescher, but it was built by Jerry.

Glad everybody enjoyed the book

Thank for comming

Wally

2 members like this post: Andrew S. Quinn
7/9/13, 1:32 PM   #9
Indy1808

Race Count This Year: 37
Race Count Last Year: 35

Quote:
Originally Posted by AB Racing View Post
I have to start by saying this was my first time to visit this awesome track. I'm shocked that after seeing it and living only 2.5 hrs away that I took me so long to see a race there. If you haven't been it is a must see midget race. Wanda and Wally I agree did a great job. Only issue I had was Saturday night a "local" about 70 years old came in about 4:30 and took my blanket up and put it on the ground. This was my seat for not just me but my 4 and 12 year olds. I personally checked with Wanda on Friday, the gentle man that was working the track, and security. All said if was ok to leave them over night. On Saturday I goto and get security because the man is seating in my seat. He (not the same guy that worked Friday) says "we have no reserved seating". I said "so when he gets up I can remove his seat?" He says "NO". I was very disappointed in this act. With that being said I will be back because the racing is that good. I think I'll try my luck on the back side next time. I'm pretty sure that old mans legs are still tired from standing most of the night.
Unfortunately, I also heard of another situation similar to this happening. Just a note to the powers to be, these types of things will turn away fans faster than ever. I see no reason you wouldn't want to reward the LOYAL fans that have come from so far away to your 2day event and spend their hard earned money, to not be allowed to leave their blankets/tarps/plastic or whatever to get their same seat back. I would NEVER move someones stuff to take their seat! That's a lot of whats wrong with the America today, NO RESPECT and as you have read, it is across ALL age groups. For shame on you people!
Anyway, I was very happy to have attended this event as others have said before me, it was very organized & well run. Being old school, I was especially impressed with the quick action taken by personel to jump onto thetrack immeadiately when the cloudburst happened saving the surface or I'm sure it would have been washed out for the night. Giant Thumbs up to all involved!!!
I will say, my original plans were to go to the Sheldon Kinser & Amati classic. Although I greatly missed seeing those 2 races perhaps they won't fall on the same dates next year. Having seen this event though, if they do it looks as though I will miss them again. No Regrets!
"Sitting in the Stands " #noteamracing

1 member likes this post: rclaridge
7/9/13, 1:56 PM   #10
rclaridge

I was with AB and if it had been a younger person (I won't call him a man) there probably would have been a bigger problem,one other thing the track needs to address is their gates the young lady that was supposed to be checking tickets Sat night was on her phone all night and Fri night there was nobody there at all.We all bought tickets but could have easily got in without one

Posted via Mobile Device

Posted via Mobile Device
Last edited by rclaridge; 7/9/13 at 2:58 PM.

1 member likes this post: ronmil
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Belleville Bash Thank You