IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > dished Midget Hoods
3/10/10, 2:33 PM   #31
Re: dished Midget Hoods
DonMoore10

Despite your wishful thing, there were plenty of owners that decided a long time ago that they were not going to run the Hut at Haubstadt and I am one of them. That is a special, one of a kind event that's not for every midget owner out there. Those owners can either sit home and not race or they can choose to race somewhere else for whatever reason. The scheduled midget race on May 8 is an event that is not looking to attract cars that would be drawn to the Hut. What in the world makes you think that every midget owner on the planet is going to show up there. You're living in a fantasy land if you think that. Please respect the owners decisions to race where they feel is best for their team whether it be midgets, sprint cars or whatever. I'm constantly reading on here regarding a distaste for races scheduled on the same night. I hate to ruin everybody's day but it's going to happen and it will happen in the future, so get used to it. There are only so many race dates in the midwest during the racing season. Promoters trying to match touring schedules with tracks is a nightmare. Sorry, but that's the way it is and it's not going to change.

3/10/10, 4:57 PM   #32
sprintcar39

Well maybe it is time to get a post going on how to grow midget racing. Start with kids and work from there. Wont happen over night but it is a good place to start....oh wait USAC has started that.....and maybe it is going to help the future of midget racing.

Listen to and ask questions of the families that are running the USAC .25 quarter midgets now and you might be surprised what you hear.

Eric Rankine

3/11/10, 10:50 PM   #33
Ovalmeister

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirk Spridgeon View Post
Here's the biggest hole I can blow in your proposal. Unfortunately, there are very few in racing today who are willing to be the losers. The mentality is not the same as it was at the times you're noting.
That's an interesting observation. Were their "willing losers" in generations past? Not trying to be a smarta$$, I guess I just don't see the point.
David.

---------- Post added at 08:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:50 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirk Spridgeon View Post
Unfortunately, midgets are just not high on the list of cars that people want to drive, and cost is only one HUGE reason.
There, I fixed that for ya.
David.

3/11/10, 11:40 PM   #34
racingmidget06

Off of the 2010 USAC rule book,

The front part of the body, known as the nose assembly, shall not be wider than the parallel lines of the body and may
not exceed the width of the frame. The nose assembly may not extend forward beyond the confines of the front bumper.
The top surface of the nose may not be dished or concave more than one (1) inch. This dimension will be measured
from a straight edge lying on the longitudinal axis of the car. This one (1) inch dimension includes any flairs or wicker
bills. Vertical spill plates are not allowed. (See Illustration #7.)
The positioning of the nose may not extend above or below the downtube more than two inches. (See Illustration #6.)
Any air deflector that is used to direct air for cooling shall be completely inside the confines of the nose and the solid
sides of the nose shall cover this deflector. This deflector will not be movable

3/12/10, 12:23 AM   #35
DonMoore10

Is this being enforced.........

3/12/10, 8:35 PM   #36
Midget82

Quote:
Originally Posted by aussiemidgetfan View Post
Wait until the Aggressors starts taking off in the USA...
Looks like a Twister Chassis.

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > dished Midget Hoods