IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Atomlc speedway Oak Ridge Tn.
7/10/19, 4:55 PM   #1
Atomlc speedway Oak Ridge Tn.
TQ29m

Any besides me ever been there? It's gone now, like so many others. What a wild place, should have been the 8th wonder of the world, it was on our schedule twice a year for several years, you had to maintain at least 50mph to even think about staying on the banks, but I sure was a place to have a great time. I think the trucking company that shared the location ended up with it all. Thought I'd just throw that out there, maybe calm down some unhappiness! Got my electric bill today, looks like I'll be home bound for a while.

4 members like this post: BrentTFunk, mlamb, SPD 37, stealth43k
7/10/19, 5:10 PM   #2
mlamb

Yes sir been to the Atomic speedway, in Oak Ridge, Tn. many times. Usually a couple of times a year. Neat place, it’s a shame it’s gone for sure. I’d always liked Atomic (Tn) Bulls Gap and Tazwell and their high banks.

5 members like this post: BrentTFunk, Dirtfan, oppweld, SPD 37, TQ29m
7/10/19, 5:33 PM   #3
Re: Atomlc speedway Oak Ridge Tn.
JackSam40

Went to a winged show in early 2000s and really liked the track, too bad they closed it the next year.

2 members like this post: BrentTFunk, TQ29m
7/10/19, 6:14 PM   #4
SPD 37

Atomic TN! Great track!! Hate that it’s gone!!

3 members like this post: BrentTFunk, mlamb, TQ29m
7/10/19, 6:38 PM   #5
Re: Atomlc speedway Oak Ridge Tn.
BrentTFunk

I was only there once. It was an early spring All Star show. Drizzled the whole time. Joey Saldana turned a 10.9 in qualifying. Pretty quick for a third mile. Feature was rained out after a huge storm with tornadoes moved in.

2 members like this post: mlamb, TQ29m
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Atomlc speedway Oak Ridge Tn.