IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Larson
10/8/19, 7:23 AM   #11
Re: Larson
kb78

What you guys are missing is what really decides that he is not going to miss NASCAR races and that is the sponsorship dollars.

10/8/19, 5:31 PM   #12
jdull99

I don't think M&Ms, Tony's sponsors, & the sponsors of whoever missed cuz their partner was having a baby, etc; encouraged their drivers to miss. Kyle signed up for the full season. He will run. His crew chief will encourage him to get playoff points in both of the next two races. We will see what happens
Steel$ & Deal$ Swap Meet & Car Shows (next location; TBD...)

1 member likes this post: tirespinner
10/8/19, 8:57 PM   #13
jim goerge

Be sweet if after the napcar race Kyle can catch a flight and come run with the Outlaws at Haubstadt, sorry Chuck but its closer than Ohio and more likely paying more too

1 member likes this post: tirespinner
10/8/19, 10:04 PM   #14
Larson's BIG WIN!!..Moves Him ON Once More..
AustinSprinter

Race Count This Year: (22)
Race Count Last Year: (29)

Kyle Larson's WIN!!..only Guarantees his move IN2 next round of (8)!!..4 Him 2B in Final 4, He'll need another Win @ rite Time...Plus ALL STAGE Pts. he can WIN!!… n as he Stated...he's way short on STAGE Pts!!..compared 2 all others!!..Luck 2U "Young Money"!!..as Owen Announced his Dad on Sun.as Driver of the #42 Car!!..WTG Owen great Job!!..
-------------------
Brucer'

10/9/19, 12:37 AM   #15
Re: Larson's BIG WIN!!..Moves Him ON Once More..
jdull99

Quote:
Originally Posted by AustinSprinter View Post
Kyle Larson's WIN!!..only Guarantees his move IN2 next round of (8)!!..4 Him 2B in Final 4, He'll need another Win @ rite Time...Plus ALL STAGE Pts. he can WIN!!… n as he Stated...he's way short on STAGE Pts!!..compared 2 all others!!..Luck 2U "Young Money"!!..as Owen Announced his Dad on Sun.as Driver of the #42 Car!!..WTG Owen great Job!!..
-------------------
Brucer'
Yep...he will be one of the 8 going for the final 4....BUT he in-fact might NOT need a win to get to the final four...there are only 3 races in each stage (but the last one, which is the part I don't care for)...if 3 "playoff" guys won each race, one guy will get in on points (& more if outside playoff guys win those races, somebody wins more than one, etc)...Sunday showed two of those higher in points over Kyle, had problems...things can happen to anyone. But ya, I also agree Kyle needs "playoff points" to help ensure advancement to the final 4.

I think a better conversation than part of this thread has been (lol), is IF he will run any "extra" races AT ALL (no matter if its the day of a Cup race or not, lol); between now & the end of the season...maybe they will just have him wait til that Hangtown deal...I suppose the
Jason Leffler Memorial will be a big one to watch for...

2 members like this post: luckybuc97, tirespinner
10/14/19, 1:30 AM   #16
jdull99

6th (which earns those playoff points...) - in stage one...lol

https://www.jayski.com/2019/10/13/ra...-wins-stage-1/

Bowman, Ricky, & Blaney up there too!

Teammate Kurt Busch pledges to help "the Kyles" (his brother too, in addition to Larson of coarse).

NO short track races anywhere this afternoon; that I know of. Tune in

10/15/19, 4:40 AM   #17
jdull99

6th in stage one, was the highlight of Larson's day (it pays some points...); got caught up on one of the "big ones"...BUT I was talking about Blaney too! & now he wins & the two of them are locked in to battle 6 other (yet to be determined!) drivers for the final 4 spots in the Championship race! I think it's cool. Open wheel fans can claim Blaney, even tho he barely ran Sprint cars (but his dad did enough to cover it!).

AND Alex Bowman - former Ford Focus midget champ AND the 2009 USAC National Midget Rookie of the Year, finished 2nd at Kansas this spring & won one of the last 1.5mile track races this summer (Chicago); so - the way things have been going - he has as much of a chance as any, to join the list of those locked in for the final 8...(the next race is Kansas this Sunday, the last in this "round" of the "playoffs")

But ya, the race was wild it sounded like (I didn't really see any of it...almost forgot it was on & everything...). Newman actly led thru the "tri-oval" but lost by .007! ...Stenhouse led a BUNCH, & took 9th after all sorts of excitement...

For those resisting the NASCAR "playoffs", & maybe even these two drivers getting to the penultimate round (having not won during the season), the Washington Nationals "only" won 93 baseball games this season (tied for 8th best in the MLB, to my count, four teams were 100+ game winners), and are now just ONE win away from being the National League team in the World Series (it will be their 1st), as a "Wild Card" post-season entrant. It happens. Kind of the point of the "playoffs" really...make things interesting. I'm sure its happened before, & in the other big league sports too.
Last edited by jdull99; 10/15/19 at 5:09 AM.

2 members like this post: i love dirt track racing, tirespinner
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Larson