IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Closed Thread  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Usac: Indiana sprint week start times shifted
7/16/19, 11:47 AM   #11
wright59

Arizona doesn’t have the humidity LEroy!

2 members like this post: luckybuc97, racenut69
7/16/19, 12:39 PM   #12
Re: Usac: Indiana sprint week start times shifted
4th turn fan

I grew weary a couple years ago with the grumbling & groaning of a few.

I once again feel the need to remind us all.

This next week, take a look at plates in the parking lots.
The distance race fans travel to see what we have in our own back yards reminds me of what we are SO fortunate to have.

Sure it's really going to be hot, but I for one would much rather experience all of this great week than to watch it on TV.

7/16/19, 4:17 PM   #13
BrentTFunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leroy Jenkins View Post
I guess when they race in Florida and Arizona they push the start time back too since it's too hot, but probably not because those people are "used" to it that live there.
I have a friend who lives in Arizona who has kids who play baseball. They play in the winter, because its too hot in the summer. Now if we were on central time, like we should be, this would really help. It can't hurt.

7/16/19, 6:29 PM   #14
racefan20

Quote:
I guess when they race in Florida and Arizona they push the start time back too since it's too hot, but probably not because those people are "used" to it that live there.
Leroy had you taken the time to do a little investigation you might have noticed that most tracks in Arizona and Florida have only 1 or 2 races between Memorial Day and Labor Day. Please do your due diligence before making a smart azz comment please.

“To whom little is not enough, nothing is enough.” Epicurus

3 members like this post: BrentTFunk, erich45, luckybuc97
7/16/19, 7:30 PM   #15
Ntfsprint5w

They dont race in Florida or in Arizona when its the height of summer sooo your comment is invalid.

1 member likes this post: erich45
7/16/19, 7:33 PM   #16
Ntfsprint5w

I understand the later night complaint I really do. But being that USAC Sprint week has a large crop of traveling fans who are probably off of work for the whole week, it makes sense. I wouldnt complain about the later start being the forecasted heat, but also from understanding that the drivers who have layered racing suits on, and are strapped into hot racecars working hard are far hotter than me, its better for their safety.

7/16/19, 7:58 PM   #17
revjimk

Quote:
Yeah start them later cuz it's hot in the summer, who cares if people have to work the next day
You can't please everyone....

2 members like this post: BrentTFunk, luckybuc97
7/16/19, 8:09 PM   #18
revjimk

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4th turn fan View Post
I grew weary a couple years ago with the grumbling & groaning of a few.

I once again feel the need to remind us all.

This next week, take a look at plates in the parking lots.
The distance race fans travel to see what we have in our own back yards reminds me of what we are SO fortunate to have.

Sure it's really going to be hot, but I for one would much rather experience all of this great week than to watch it on TV.
\
Exactly.... I used to be one of those Colorado plates, now a Connecticut plate, but can't make it this year. Wish I had unlimited time & $$$, and could be 2 places at once....

7/16/19, 8:16 PM   #19
TNRustler

For many years Manzanita ran through the summer on both Friday and Saturday nights and I sat through many of them. What I wouldn't give to sweat out another Saturday night watching sprint cars on that big half, eating a green chile burro and having a cold one. It may be hot but have fun, be safe and enjoy the incredible racing that is Indiana Sprint Week.

3 members like this post: BrentTFunk, chrismattlin, ISF
7/16/19, 8:23 PM   #20
tdt636

I'm glad they moved them back cause I'm fat and tend to start melting in the heat and humidity

4 members like this post: mc/rider, OnTheHammer, racefan20, TNRustler
Closed Thread Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Usac: Indiana sprint week start times shifted