IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Ballou
10/10/23, 10:19 AM   #1
boomer

What was Robert saying about Grants tires during interview at the Burg?

1 member likes this post: bsmith8
10/10/23, 11:01 AM   #2
Re: Ballou
Hubie48

https://www.indianaopenwheel.com/sho...d.php?t=124375

Post #6 in the thread, unless your just wanting to stir the pot

10/11/23, 9:50 AM   #3
RacingFan52

Race Count This Year: 1

For cryin' out loud, Robert just made a statement. He neither mentioned cheating with tires nor Grant having a setup that no one else matched. He does run off with his mouth a bit but the guy is honest with what he thinks, which is hard to find these days.

10/11/23, 12:32 PM   #4
berks co

Exactly Ballou crying

1 member likes this post: Blitzman
10/11/23, 2:43 PM   #5
leftrear

So I went back and listened to his rambling garbage again just to be sure. He first says Grant is the only one who's tires are in good shape. Then he goes on to say maybe one day things will be on a level playing field. Then he goes on to say maybe someday he will get some of those special tires or something. If this is not inferring cheating then I don't know what is.
In between those gems he took a swipe at the outgoing track promoters saying it's too bad after all their hard work they quit.

5 members like this post: cmiracingvids, flagboy55, Hubie48, oppweld, sprint38racer
10/11/23, 2:53 PM   #6
Sumofnoreturn

He is good for the sport...says what he thinks and is fast. I didnt care for him for a while but he has grown on me.

10/11/23, 3:19 PM   #7
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

He also posted nice things about Crum on Facebook.

Gotta admit, when that first heat pushed off, He was the last one in that heat I would have picked to win it. And he did. (Crum)

4 members like this post: BTxpress, flagboy55, kevincrum, yeleyfan76
10/11/23, 5:05 PM   #8
Pitdad

The sport needs hero’s and villains. Guy speaks his mind. Everybody dogs the boring NASCRAP interviews with all their corporate sanitized speech. This guy says something provocative and controversial, and everybody is up in arms! What about Hewitt or Sammy making bold statements in post race interviews? Everybody loves that… if they’re a Hewitt or Swindell fan. And the ones who aren’t hate it. But they show up at the next race to root for or against those guys. Important thing is, THE SHOW UP AT THE NEXT RACE. A little friction is good for fan following, and that sells tickets.

10/11/23, 9:41 PM   #9
flagboy55

Actually I had Crum in my Dirtdraft and expected him to win the heat. I must have been the only one. I’ve always been a Blu fan. I don’t agree with all he says, but he’s no fluke. He’s been competitive more often than not, and fun to listen to. I always am skeptical when a beat down like that happens, but to imply cheating, to me is a bit of a stretch. For my money there’s simply too much at stake, not only for JG, but USAC as well.

3 members like this post: BrentTFunk, Charles Nungester, WinglessLovers
10/12/23, 8:26 AM   #10
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

I didn't have Crum mainly because I haven't seen him in a sprint here and because there were two USAC champs and three Burg Champs in the race.

Not because the car and driver weren't good. They are.

1 member likes this post: flagboy55
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Ballou