IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Closed Thread  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Usac: Tommie estes named usac competition director
11/1/22, 3:50 PM   #1
Usac: Tommie estes named usac competition director
admin

11/1/22 3:38 PM TOMMIE ESTES NAMED USAC COMPETITION DIRECTOR

https://www.usacracing.com/news/silv...ition-director

TOMMIE ESTES NAMED USAC COMPETITION DIRECTOR

Speedway, Indiana (November 1, 2022)………Tommie Estes, a name that has been a fixture in dirt track racing for over 45 years, was named Competition Director for USAC’s Circle Track division effective today.

Estes will lead the USAC Silver Crown National Championship in all forms of competition and be an advisor to USAC National Series Director Kirk Spridgeon, who will continue to oversee USAC’s AMSOIL National Sprint Car and NOS Energy Drink National Midget divisions.

Estes has previously served as the Competition Director for both the ASCS National Sprint Tour and the Chili Bowl Nationals. Estes also oversaw the racing operations at Dodge City Raceway Park for over 10 years.

For many years, Estes competed extensively in sprint car and midget racing, including with USAC’s National Midget and Silver Crown divisions and was a frequent competitor at the Chili Bowl and the Belleville Midget Nationals.

“Tommie is familiar with USAC’s operations and has been a trusted colleague to us over the past several seasons,” Spridgeon said.* “It’s a great asset to have someone to fully devote their time to the promoters, track and competitor base to build up the momentum the Silver Crown series is experiencing.”

As the new leader of USAC’s Silver Crown series, Estes will work with tracks and teams for the 2023 program as the series has experienced new growth in recent years in car counts and an evolving schedule.

The added individual focus of Silver Crown racing comes at a time of resurgence for the series with a growing car count and added premier races slated.

Tommie will also be a key advisor in the USAC Sprint and Midget programs, working with Series Director and Competition leader Kirk Spridgeon. Tommie’s vast racing and track management experience will be a great complement to the traveling series, adding value in all aspects including technical oversight.

11/2/22, 2:31 PM   #2
flagboy55

I’m surprised this announcement drew no comment. I’ve heard the name forever, but not someone I’ve been paying attention to. My gut reaction is it must be a good move because the hater’s are quick to pounce on a USAC misstep

3 members like this post: billw, jdull99, oppweld
11/2/22, 2:50 PM   #3
oppweld

Race Count This Year: 3
Race Count Last Year: 25

Im hoping its a positive sign we will get an expanded Silver Crown Dirt Schedule!

5 members like this post: addictedtodirt, flagboy55, jdull99, rick42, tirespinner
11/2/22, 3:01 PM   #4
Re: Usac: Tommie estes named usac competition director
miledirt

Missouri State Fair - Sedalia, Mo

Let's do it Tommy!

5 members like this post: flagboy55, jdull99, oldfan49, oppweld, tirespinner
11/2/22, 3:25 PM   #5
BrentTFunk

Tommie is a solid pick.

4 members like this post: Ilovedirttrackracing, mlamb, oppweld, tirespinner
11/2/22, 4:23 PM   #6
Dirtfan

Race Count This Year: 51
Race Count Last Year: 57

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrentTFunk View Post
Tommie is a solid pick.
We shall see,hope he's just not someones PA,just sayin.

"Today is a Gift, Tomorrow is not Promised"

2 members like this post: Ilovedirttrackracing, tirespinner
11/2/22, 9:42 PM   #7
oldfan49

Quote:
Originally Posted by miledirt View Post

Let's do it Tommy!
Paired with Knoxville for a 2 race swing

3 members like this post: jdull99, miledirt, tirespinner
11/3/22, 7:42 AM   #8
Jonr

Tommie is a great pick. Back in the day, he was one of my favorite drivers. (another story for another day). He was the competition director of the ASCS 360 National tour. He has been a track general manager at two large facilities. He has been around racing all of his life.

11/4/22, 9:04 AM   #9
opnwhlmnd

Quote:
Originally Posted by miledirt View Post
Not sure if all here know the mile dirt track at Missouri State Fairgrounds is gone. The long sweeping corners half mile would be a great Silver Crown track though. Personally for me in that area of the states I would like to see them at the new configuration at I-70 Speedway.

11/4/22, 9:31 AM   #10
DJlives

I don't see evidence that the current group of teams are prepared for extra dates on the schedule. The current number of races seems about right for them

4 members like this post: BrentTFunk, cowboyhar69, erich45, tirespinner
Closed Thread Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Usac: Tommie estes named usac competition director