IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Closed Thread  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Usac: Tommie estes named usac competition director
11/4/22, 10:10 AM   #11
flagboy55

DJ makes a great point. My recommendation would be to swap pavement races for dirt shows

11/4/22, 1:27 PM   #12
Re: Usac: Tommie estes named usac competition director
chrismattlin

Quote:
Originally Posted by flagboy55 View Post
DJ makes a great point. My recommendation would be to swap pavement races for dirt shows
Sorry, but we need more pavement races, not less. USAC has lost enough of it's luster as a feeder series to the big time. Our guys need experience on the big tracks. We need at least one more Gateway-type (WWTR) track on the schedule.

Short-tracks are nice and all, but you have to remember that Silver Crown racing is an offshoot of IndyCar racing. That is why half-miles were unacceptable for the series until times became a bit more desperate. I'd like to see the series look less desperate for dates and venues.
Last edited by chrismattlin; 11/4/22 at 1:30 PM.

Closed Thread Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Usac: Tommie estes named usac competition director