IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
Wayne Davis (Offline)
  #1 4/1/14 2:16 AM
Not that non wing racing has EVER left Indiana, but take a look around and more and more are starting to trend that way....305 NW in Texas...NW Oklahoma, Missouri, Minnesota, New Mexico, Florida just to name a few. I know the No Way Out 40 was huggy pole but it was still some good racing about the pack...if that were a winged show it would have looked like a conveyor belt.

Southern Outlaw Motorsports
Jacksonville, Florida
The Original Southern Outlaw

www.SouthernOutlawPromotions.com

Bill Gardner (Offline)
  #2 4/1/14 7:26 AM
It's great to see more and more smaller groups popping up but I don't see the majority of them having a lasting impact.

still far too many monkeys humping a race tire.

5 Likes: 99J, johnnythunderhead, mowerman, Mud Packer, Wayne Davis
Charles Nungester (Offline)
  #3 4/1/14 8:11 AM
When they figure out that they don't have to have to top dollar part of everything to be competitive, spend half in fuel and a quarter in motors.

It all makes sense.

Brownstown had three grooves all night, Short was on top all night, finished third. . Clauson huggied and won, Stanbrough ran the middle till he got second from seventh. Courtney catfished quickly from 20th to fourth and Jordan Kinser would have won from 20th with ten more laps and he ran the middle where NOBODY else was running. Pletch style!

I seen a WOO race in 87or88 there and it was as you said, Catfish city, However with five to go and two cars in between Blaney and Kinser on a restart, Kinser did a Short and ran completely off the track, Passed the two lappers and Blaney for the win.

They cut the track different in 3/4 and it took that off track racing away for the most part.

Charles Nungester
larsonfan (Offline)
  #4 4/1/14 1:34 PM
Originally Posted by Bill Gardner:
It's great to see more and more smaller groups popping up but I don't see the majority of them having a lasting impact.

still far too many monkeys humping a race tire.
I hope groups like BOSS and tracks like Waynesfield can continue to thrive. Both have a great thing going!
4 Likes: i love dirt track racing, johnnythunderhead, RetiredShoe
Gene Franckowiak (Offline)
  #5 4/1/14 3:28 PM
Let's not forget the USAC Eastern Storm in PA & NJ
2 Likes: Charles Nungester, Ty
illinifan (Offline)
  #6 4/1/14 5:34 PM
Don't forget Farmer City has NW shows including an MSCS race over here in Illinois this year!
2 Likes: ISF
koolaid89 (Offline)
  #7 4/1/14 5:54 PM
If we could just get Lucas / POWRi on board with non wing...
OTSNWR (Offline)
  #8 4/1/14 8:57 PM
Well hey I'll raise my hand. Let's not forget Canada's only open engined non wing dirt sprint car series the Ontario Topless Sprints! There's no way this racing group is ever going to close it's doors as long as my heart beats. The OTS is here to stay and that's the truth.
8 Likes: Charles Nungester, ISF, JordanBlanton, Kansasdirtfan, koolaid89, mtek56, Ty
Sprint63122 (Offline)
  #9 4/1/14 11:35 PM
Believe there is also another mscs race in IL. this year to at Flora,IL
johnnythunderhead (Offline)
  #10 4/2/14 3:02 AM
does seem to be picking up some momentum throughout this fine land