IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Carson Short-save of the year
2/22/18, 1:46 AM   #11
Re: Carson Short-save of the year
hoscalecody

Quote:
Originally Posted by luckybuc97 View Post
You would think a solid green, solid yellow, and a solid red light on each car would be sufficient. That's JMO
Personally I agree with the Blue light that starts blinking for a caution. One reason is you don't have to look for a certain color and two some people could be color blind and not be able to tell the difference as clearly.

2 members like this post: interpreter66, luckybuc97
2/22/18, 6:32 PM   #12
Backitin

Quote:
Originally Posted by revjimk View Post
How would luck enter into it? He was driving the car, not buying Lotto tickets....
How would luck not enter into it ?

Yeah great driving but you also need a break.
I've crashed enuff to know that some you save from skill some from luck that might look like skill.
If you drive out of that your enjoying a combo of skill and good luck. Skill and no luck or bad luck would have had a different ending.

2/22/18, 9:32 PM   #13
revjimk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Backitin View Post
How would luck not enter into it ?

Yeah great driving but you also need a break.
I've crashed enuff to know that some you save from skill some from luck that might look like skill.
If you drive out of that your enjoying a combo of skill and good luck. Skill and no luck or bad luck would have had a different ending.
You're just repeating yourself (with different words) Driver has control of gas & brake pedals, steering wheel, & his eyes are open... just exactly where does "luck" enter the equation?
Shooting dice is luck...

2/22/18, 10:06 PM   #14
jim goerge

Just watch Carson in a race any track The kid has that pedal matted from green to checkered He is a true gasser

2/23/18, 9:19 AM   #15
Backitin

Quote:
Originally Posted by revjimk View Post
You're just repeating yourself (with different words) Driver has control of gas & brake pedals, steering wheel, & his eyes are open... just exactly where does "luck" enter the equation?
Shooting dice is luck...
The luck part is everything working and you driving out of it, no one hits you. You don't hook a wheel, ect.
Come racing with us and I'm pretty sure after awhile if you had the choice of being the luckiest or most skilled you'd pick the luckiest. After awhile theres more lucky racers around then talented ones. Lucky to be there in the first place, lucky to have a ride, lucky to not get taken out. He was lucky in life just to get to that position and his luck held up thru that race also.

Yes thru talent and dedication you make your own good luck, just don't think bad luck doesn't exist, I've seen it make great riders disappear.

p.s. how do you know his eyes were open ? or that he was doing anything but hanging on, till after the car straightened out ? You don't, although I'm sure he drove out of it with skill but the same amount of luck.

3 members like this post: dirt330, mc/rider, progressive22
2/23/18, 9:33 AM   #16
Newport13

Race Count This Year: 2

Just curious....how did USAC score that yellow flag? Did he get his spot back from the prior lap position, was he sent to the tail or how was the lineup reached? Not complaining, I wouldn’t want to make racing calls.

1 member likes this post: jim goerge
2/23/18, 6:04 PM   #17
interpreter66

Got his spot back from previous lap I think 8th at the time

3 members like this post: jim goerge, luckybuc97, Newport13
2/23/18, 6:22 PM   #18
Newport13

Race Count This Year: 2

Thanks.

2/23/18, 7:58 PM   #19
Haulinmail

Lost 3 spots, threw the yellow for safety they said. They call it blending in. He was fifth when windom bombed him. Had to restart 8th

6 members like this post: Dirtfan, interpreter66, jim goerge, Newport13, openwheelfan1, PAW
2/24/18, 11:26 AM   #20
double checkered

I feel he was lucky there was enough of a cush to slow him down and hook up without backing into the fence. Enough talent to stomp the throttle and hope nothing bad happens instead of jumping on the brakes and going for a ride. And a little bit of bad luck he was in that situation to begin with.

JER

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Carson Short-save of the year