IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Carson Short-save of the year
2/20/18, 12:27 PM   #1
Carson Short-save of the year
openwheelfan1

If you were at Bubba Raceway Friday night 2/16/18, you got to see Carson Short make the save of the year (maybe?) after getting bumped by Chris Windom in the middle of turns 3/4. If you weren't at BRP or missed it, you can find the video on YouTube here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c6yzV3JPX3o. The incident occurs about 1:20 in to the video.

2/20/18, 4:03 PM   #2
Re: Carson Short-save of the year
revjimk

Wow! Very impressive....
I guess they kind of jumped the gun on caution flag...

2 members like this post: luckybuc97, LUCKYONE
2/20/18, 4:38 PM   #3
interpreter66

He was impressive all 3 nights.fun to watch.

2/20/18, 4:50 PM   #4
luckybuc97

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by interpreter66 View Post
He was impressive all 3 nights.fun to watch.
He did really well the week before in his wing car also, he'll be right up there with the best this year, keep an eye on him.

2/20/18, 6:31 PM   #5
Ryanshaneosborne

Makes you wonder if that was skill or luck ,probably both, either way badass!!!!

1 member likes this post: tirespinner
2/20/18, 7:04 PM   #6
revjimk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryanshaneosborne View Post
Makes you wonder if that was skill or luck ,probably both, either way badass!!!!
How would luck enter into it? He was driving the car, not buying Lotto tickets....

5 members like this post: Bostonian, interpreter66, luckybuc97, opnwhlmnd, RadRacer
2/21/18, 3:47 PM   #7
Al Pierce

Race Count This Year: 49
Race Count Last Year: 43

Quote:
Originally Posted by luckybuc97 View Post
He did really well the week before in his wing car also, he'll be right up there with the best this year, keep an eye on him.
I went to the Midget/USCS show the week before USAC and Carson WAS the show. He didn't win but he passed nearly every car on the track at least once. He went to the back 3 or more times and came through the pack to finish in the top 4.

2/21/18, 7:17 PM   #8
dirtracer74

I have not seen an answer posted yet, and I get why they have lights on some of the cars. But, why blue lights? And I saw when caution came out, they just started blinking. Even the green lights were blinking. Sure it gets your attention, but not as quick as a yellow light, or a blinking yellow light would. But the blue lights, I can not think what blue would mean.

2/21/18, 7:28 PM   #9
openwheelfan1

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirtracer74 View Post
I have not seen an answer posted yet, and I get why they have lights on some of the cars. But, why blue lights? And I saw when caution came out, they just started blinking. Even the green lights were blinking. Sure it gets your attention, but not as quick as a yellow light, or a blinking yellow light would. But the blue lights, I can not think what blue would mean.
As it was explained by the announcer, the lights on the backs of the car are what they are calling “ Track Safe” or “Race Safe” (they used both terms, not sure which is correct) and are still in the trial phase. The way it is supposed to work is they will flash when the yellow flag is displayed. There is also a light on the dash of the race car that will flash when the yellow comes out. They will also be illuminated for the top 3. 1 light will be lit for first place, 2 lights for second, 3 lights for third. If you might have noticed, there are two versions currently in use...green lights that change to yellow and flash when the yellow comes, and blue lights that flash when the yellow comes out. They indicated that in all likelihood, they will transition to the blue light model as that is the driver’s preference.

1 member likes this post: jim goerge
2/21/18, 8:25 PM   #10
luckybuc97

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by openwheelfan1 View Post
As it was explained by the announcer, the lights on the backs of the car are what they are calling “ Track Safe” or “Race Safe” (they used both terms, not sure which is correct) and are still in the trial phase. The way it is supposed to work is they will flash when the yellow flag is displayed. There is also a light on the dash of the race car that will flash when the yellow comes out. They will also be illuminated for the top 3. 1 light will be lit for first place, 2 lights for second, 3 lights for third. If you might have noticed, there are two versions currently in use...green lights that change to yellow and flash when the yellow comes, and blue lights that flash when the yellow comes out. They indicated that in all likelihood, they will transition to the blue light model as that is the driver’s preference.
You would think a solid green, solid yellow, and a solid red light on each car would be sufficient. That's JMO

3 members like this post: i love dirt track racing, jim goerge, PIT CART
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Carson Short-save of the year