IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Kody Swanson
6/4/17, 9:19 AM   #1
Kody Swanson
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

After watching this guy for a couple years now. Im more than convinced he is among the best ever to wheel open wheel race-cars. He gets the most out without abusing the car, is patient when needed, but aggressive enough to gain every position possible It was clear at the little 500 nobody could touch him, only getting caught when his tires were about 50 laps beyond shot. Like last year, Also won the ORP Crown. Has two crown titles. Seen him win with 360's against 410s and take that same 360 and finish top five on heavy tracks.

Why is this guy being overlooked. Like I said about Larson a few years ago and Grant a couple years ago. The most under rated driver out there and its pretty darn obvious.

Go Kody! Your talent shines.

Sorry, I don't think Larson was ever under rated, just like Kody, Has a special gift. That others have to work much harder to find, some never find it at all.
Last edited by Charles Nungester; 6/4/17 at 9:22 AM.

6/4/17, 9:53 AM   #2
Re: Kody Swanson
Kendall2020

I worked with Kody at the little 5. Charles is spot on. He is super talented. He carries himself so well. It goes to show how some true talented guys get completely overlooked at the Nascar and Indy level

6/4/17, 10:53 AM   #3
Newport13

Race Count This Year: 2

If I were fortunate enough to be a car owner, he would be the top of my list of desirable drivers. He takes care of equipment, is patient, finishes well and he and his family is the complete class act in the pits.

6/4/17, 11:04 AM   #4
BrentTFunk

I would hate to lose him. I am surprised every week that he isn't racing on Sunday afternoons.

6/4/17, 11:49 AM   #5
Tom Brewer

Kody put my car on the front row in 2015. We had fueling problems and he lost the lead and laps in the pits. He unlapped himself twice after that and finished 7th. He won the following year (2016) in the Hoffman car and this thread started with a summary of this year. So, it's either coincidence that he has driven the fastest car in the race each of the three years he has been there, or maybe it's him?

For several years I have told Kody and whoever would listen that he belonged at Indy or NASCAR. Obviously talent is not their criteria.

6/4/17, 12:39 PM   #6
wing410fan

Race Count This Year: 2

Wish I had a dirt champ car for tanner Swanson to drive.

2 members like this post: BrentTFunk, nathans1012
6/4/17, 3:56 PM   #7
Go Fast

Race Count This Year: 3

I feel really lucky to have him in the 2E for some races this year. Though the final results haven't been great that has been my fault not his. Having fun racing again for the first time in a long while.

6/4/17, 4:41 PM   #8
flagboy55

I definitely am coming around to his talent, and loved his podcast on jackslash. But among the best ever? I think we need to take a breath and relax before we make a statement like that

6/4/17, 6:08 PM   #9
interpreter66

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Brewer View Post
Kody put my car on the front row in 2015. We had fueling problems and he lost the lead and laps in the pits. He unlapped himself twice after that and finished 7th. He won the following year (2016) in the Hoffman car and this thread started with a summary of this year. So, it's either coincidence that he has driven the fastest car in the race each of the three years he has been there, or maybe it's him?

For several years I have told Kody and whoever would listen that he belonged at Indy or NASCAR. Obviously talent is not their criteria.
Your last sentence hit the nail on the head for him and many drivers!

1 member likes this post: tirespinner
6/4/17, 6:09 PM   #10
Baylands

Quote:
Originally Posted by flagboy55 View Post
I definitely am coming around to his talent, and loved his podcast on jackslash. But among the best ever? I think we need to take a breath and relax before we make a statement like that
You're very right about taking that breath before making a statement like that. Ok, so I took a breath and looked back at his wins on both dirt/asphalt in midgets/sprints/champ cars, along with the quality of his character. Yes, definitely one of the best ever.

4 members like this post: ChanceDHolley, Charles Nungester, R A K, tirespinner
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Kody Swanson