IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Montpleier Motor Speedway: Any word if their racing in 2020?
1/5/20, 12:49 PM   #1
Montpleier Motor Speedway: Any word if their racing in 2020?
nathans1012

Race Count This Year: 7
Race Count Last Year: 34

Montpelier Motor Speedway
Any word if their planning on racing in 2020?
Their not on any series schedule that I have seen so far. We all know Harold has had some health problems that has forced him to cancel some race nights.

2 members like this post: chtaylor, tirespinner
1/5/20, 3:45 PM   #2
Non wing lover

I heard no sanctioned series of any kind.no usac boss none.

1 member likes this post: tirespinner
1/8/20, 7:08 PM   #3
Re: Montpleier Motor Speedway: Any word if their racing in 2
revjimk

Bummer.... USAC Midget race a couple of years ago was one of my best memories of that season

2 members like this post: duel, tirespinner
1/8/20, 11:22 PM   #4
Re: Montpleier Motor Speedway: Any word if their racing in 2
hoosier race fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Non wing lover View Post
I heard no sanctioned series of any kind.no usac boss none.
I was told the same thing. No sanctioned races because Harold’s health is poor and they don’t want to have to cancel any specials with traveling tours like they did last year. Harold and crew have always tried to have their “A Game” on when they have a special event, and I don’t think Harold feels like his health will enable him to do that. Lots of negative attention from canceling specials when the weather isn’t a problem, so the solution is apparently to just have no specials. Unfortunately, that gives the impression that racing will be a week to week decision. I’m afraid that will drive many regulars away.
Last edited by hoosier race fan; 1/8/20 at 11:24 PM.

2 members like this post: PJ Wright, tirespinner
1/9/20, 11:41 AM   #5
Spi-nex

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoosier race fan View Post
I was told the same thing. No sanctioned races because Harold’s health is poor and they don’t want to have to cancel any specials with traveling tours like they did last year. Harold and crew have always tried to have their “A Game” on when they have a special event, and I don’t think Harold feels like his health will enable him to do that. Lots of negative attention from canceling specials when the weather isn’t a problem, so the solution is apparently to just have no specials. Unfortunately, that gives the impression that racing will be a week to week decision. I’m afraid that will drive many regulars away.
I don't know about that. It's a lot easier to accept week to week racing when you know the head honcho is having health issues than it is for political or officiating reasons.

Hopefully Harold gets well soon and Montpelier continues to flourish.

3 members like this post: nathans1012, tirespinner, Will Shunk
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Montpleier Motor Speedway: Any word if their racing in 2020?