IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Haubstadt Mowa
5/13/18, 12:17 AM   #1
bmemmer

I just wanted to tip my cap to Tommy and crew for giving the driver's a hell of a track tonight. There are certain members who go to haubstadt every race that skip this race because it's wing racing. I'm sure everybody that was there to tonight can testify. Your going to be hard pressed to see a better race in the country then what happened tonight! What a fight all through the field! And shout out to Steven Shnapf (hope I spelled that right) on his first non wing victory!!
Last edited by bmemmer; 5/13/18 at 12:18 AM.

5/13/18, 10:09 AM   #2
ryan84

I wasn't there unfortunately, but I had a non winged buddy of mine there. He told me that MOWA feature might have been the best race he has seen there. Outlaws should put on a good show tonight.

5/13/18, 8:32 PM   #3
ronmil

Race Count Last Year: 48

I have several friends who skipped this race because of the wings. They missed a great night of racing.

2 members like this post: bmemmer, flagboy55
5/13/18, 9:48 PM   #4
rclaridge

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronmil View Post
I have several friends who skipped this race because of the wings. They missed a great night of racing.
They made a big mistake,I’m not a huge wing fan and after the heats I was not impressed but the feature more than made up for it!!

3 members like this post: flagboy55, ronmil, Simon_says17
5/13/18, 11:40 PM   #5
Re: Haubstadt Mowa
kdobson

Quote:
I have several friends who skipped this race because of the wings.
Great minds must think alike. Me and the family go to the Pizza Hut Buffet on Sundays. I'm a pepperoni kind of guy. Not much for sausage. But I sure love to eat pepperoni pizza. The thing costs about $8/head but it's so worth it to eat all that pepperoni pizza. They just keep bringing it out... bringing it out. There's always great pepperoni pizza on that buffet.

But I walked in there tonight, looked at the buffet and right next to the pepperoni pizza they had a sausage pizza. No Way. I don't like sausage pizza. Not gonna eat it. I'm not going to sit there and eat a bunch of pepperoni pizza with a pan of sausage pizza on the same buffet. So I left. Not going back. Not unless that buffet has nothing but Pepperoni pizza.

Seriously... Do people skip a two class event when they love one of the classes just because they don't like the other one? If I'm a non-wing sprint car fan and have a chance to go to Haubstadt and watch what is going to be a great race at a great facility run by great promoters on a beautiful night - they could be racing lawn mowers as the ONE other class and I'm going to go watch what I love. I totally get the concept of some shows having 4 or 5 other classes that you don't like and having to sit through class after class of other stuff. That's why we always try to structure our midget shows at Jacksonville to let those who only want to see midgets and nothing else see all of the midget races in as short of span as possible. But I wouldn't have guessed there was anybody in the world who would skip a show because they didn't like the ONE other class that was racing.

Tom and Loris take the step of keeping it to a two class show - and you still won't come because you don't like one of them - even though you claim to love the other? You do not have to love what we do with the MOWA series. You don't even have to like it. That's your choice. But to choose not to support a show where a promoter has gone out of his way to give you what you want - and then not come because it still isn't good enough? I'll never figure it out. Go to a race. Enjoy it. And enjoy the Pepperoni pizza.
Last edited by kdobson; 5/13/18 at 11:48 PM.

5/14/18, 12:32 AM   #6

Race Count This Year: 14
Race Count Last Year: 24

I'll eat the sausage we can work together on this.

anyhow maybe these guys made it to a different show and still supported racing. Looks like there was a lot of events in the state. Wish i was a bit closer I'd a been there. Gonna make it some day.

1 member likes this post: jim goerge
5/14/18, 1:19 AM   #7
btg1963

We saw two GREAT features Saturday night at TSS. The MOWA races at Haubstadt are ALWAYS entertaining. Best races ever at TSS... eh... I don’t know about that...

Great MOWA event followed by an emotional first time victory in the MSCS event! My wife and I got our money’s worth.

5/14/18, 5:32 AM   #8
hoosierhillbilly

If I lived closer I would likely go to every race at haubstadt, even the late model race. The highlights from the outlaw showed how great a winged race can be at tss.

Anyway, I think they are one of the best run tracks. They prep the track, they usually start promptly, they don’t run 6 classes, they run the races quickly, and the facilities are pretty good (except maybe a restroom upgrade). If only it was not a 5.5 hour drive!

2 members like this post: flagboy55, ryan84
5/14/18, 7:18 AM   #9
Rpracing1

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoosierhillbilly View Post
If I lived closer I would likely go to every race at haubstadt, even the late model race. The highlights from the outlaw showed how great a winged race can be at tss.

Anyway, I think they are one of the best run tracks. They prep the track, they usually start promptly, they don’t run 6 classes, they run the races quickly, and the facilities are pretty good (except maybe a restroom upgrade). If only it was not a 5.5 hour drive!
Yes we are rather spoiled here at TSS. Some hard headed folks do not know what they are missing. Great double header racing weekend at The Class Track! None better. Wings or not, we like em all here.

5/14/18, 10:38 AM   #10
ISF

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdobson View Post
I totally get the concept of some shows having 4 or 5 other classes that you don't like and having to sit through class after class of other stuff. That's why we always try to structure our midget shows at Jacksonville to let those who only want to see midgets and nothing else see all of the midget races in as short of span as possible.
I apologize up front for getting off topic but a portion of your post provided me with an opportunity to heap praise on you POWRi National Midget show Friday evening. It had been a while since we'd attended an event at Jacksonville and the reasons were not the least related to any problems we had with how you run your shows. Circumstances were just not conducive to us being able to attend. Finally Friday night we were able to make the 2 1/2 hour trip down to J-ville and boy were we glad we did.

That said, your Friday night POWRi show was organized and run in such a way as to conform almost exactly to our personal preference. Our group consists of midget fans first and foremost and you ran the event with the utmost deference to folks like us who were there primarily for the headliner division. Major kudos from our group for that. Under normal circumstances we would have stayed for the support class A-mains, which I'd bet were very good, but we had a couple of people in our group that needed to get home relatively early and you provided the means for us to do just that due to the efficiency of the show and the fact you ran the midget A-main first. And boy was it a good one. Thank you!!

J-ville midget shows have been put in a top priority category by our group and you will be seeing us every time it's possible to attend!! We really wish every track that hosts midget events in the area were just as receptive and accommodating.
Last edited by ISF; 5/14/18 at 12:27 PM.

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Haubstadt Mowa