IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
btg1963 (Offline)
  #1 9/27/17 1:42 PM
I have read in several posts where folks say the silver crown cars would be limited to the 1/2 mile or larger tracks. Is this due to wheelbase, attitude of the cars, under horsepower, or what? For example, someone mentioned silver crown cars might have issues running at Lawrenceburg. Can you experts chime in? I apologize in advance if this is an old topic, but I, for one, would love to see a triple header at the 'Burg.
3 Likes: BrentTFunk, oppweld, Pat O'Connor Fan
motorhead748 (Offline)
  #2 9/27/17 1:56 PM
They could run them indoors if they wanted, but I'm not saying it'd be a great show. Just them being heavier, longer, lower power they'd be a little anti climatic after watching sprints.
3 Likes: BrentTFunk, fish, Pat O'Connor Fan
btg1963 (Offline)
  #3 9/27/17 2:47 PM
Thanks Motörhead!
BrentTFunk (Offline)
  #4 9/27/17 4:31 PM
I think Danny Burton did a story on Lawrenceburg in Flatout a couple of years ago. He asked Dave about running Silver Crown cars there. He didn't seem too interested, and I sure don't blame him. It is an expensive show, and should be.
3 Likes: i love dirt track racing, Pat O'Connor Fan, tirespinner
mc/rider (Offline)
  #5 9/27/17 4:32 PM
Maybe a few SC cars could show up this Saturday for some hot laps,test the waters so to speak

When in doubt Gas It
4 Likes: bigq11, btg1963, i love dirt track racing, Steve Wendel
hoosierhillbilly (Offline)
  #6 9/27/17 6:28 PM
I think they need to make IRP aka Lucas oil Raceway park dirt and run them once a month over the Summer. That would be fun.

Number three; You have the right to free speech; As long as You're not dumb enough to actually try it —The Clash
2 Likes: nitrofunny, tirespinner
Charles Nungester (Offline)
  #7 9/27/17 10:17 PM
Moffatt came down to LBurg for practice this spring and was running only a half second off the sprint cars that were practicing which included Boespflug. Of course it was heavy early.

Im not saying no way. But it honestly seems that most of the teams lean toward running flatter and even longer tracks. It's kinda what the cars were made to mimic. Indy type front engine racing on dirt and pavement miles, Indy went rear engine and pavement only but this series ran with many indy drivers till the late 70s.

I could see a Champ Car show with local sprints and maybe TQ's

Have three generations of cars.

Charles Nungester
3 Likes: interpreter66, scottyCbus, the1jet17