IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > My Bad
7/8/19, 1:31 PM   #1
My Bad
nonwingkingofkali

1st I want to apologize to Levi, Kurt, Rich and all of the other people busting their ass's to make USAC what it has become in the last several years. You guys have done a phenomenal job.
I went a little overboard in my last few posts, and I am truly sorry for this.
Unfortunately the source of my frustration comes from the ROKU app for Floracing.
I went that route because I am 60 years old, and have three inoperable herniated discs and therefore have no desire to sit in my office chair and watch races on my 20 inch computer screen, or my laptop or phone. Especially since I have been watching American Flat Track on my smart TV for the last three years without anything but my wireless router and my TV.
So I bought a ROKU and all was well for the 1st month or two. Then someone decided to redo the site. For the 1st month or two there was a month of upcoming events. Now there are none until the day of the event. I just turned it on, and there are no upcoming races listed. Before anyone tells me to look on my computer or phone, that is ridiculous. There should be at least a week of upcoming races on there. They are on the computer app, they are on the phone app. And to top it off there was a link for the Knoxville A main all day, then right before it started the link disappeared and never came back until the race was over. Whoever is in charge of the ROKU app has dropped the ball. Please fix this.

7/8/19, 1:55 PM   #2
Re: My Bad
chathamracefan

Does the roku have a web browser app? I have a firestick & it does. If it has a built in web browser, you could access the floracing.com site inside the web browser & watch the video from there.

1 member likes this post: tirespinner
7/8/19, 2:59 PM   #3
nonwingkingofkalifornia

My ROKU has a Floracing app. Why would I need to go elsewhere, it is supposed to be supported by Floracing, it isnt anymore. It was a selling point for me. They need to support what they sold me on. My TV has a browser, if it worked on there I wouldn't have bought a ROKU.
Last edited by nonwingkingofkalifornia; 7/8/19 at 3:01 PM.

7/8/19, 3:24 PM   #4
Jerry Shaw

It says a lot about a person when they can admit they've messed up. Especially when they do it in front of a big audience. And this is the biggest one, in our particular corner of the sport. Not only is this the biggest forum for fans, but we also have drivers, track operators/promoters, race officials, race team members. You name, we've got it. So, if you come in here with something to share, whether it is something you've seen, something you love about racing or a particular issue you may have, if you state you case well, God only knows how many people you might influence. Those that do it any other way, just hurt the case they're trying to make, more than anything.

Jerry

Winston Churchill

7/8/19, 5:08 PM   #5
BrentTFunk

Sorry it didn't work out for you, but your apology is pure class. I can't believe your original post was allowed to stay. If it would have mentioned one of the sacred cows instead of USAC, it would have been deleted. Just my opinion.

4 members like this post: fish, opnwhlmnd, oppweld, tirespinner
7/8/19, 7:40 PM   #6
kplange

Quote:
Originally Posted by nonwingkingofkalifornia View Post
My ROKU has a Floracing app. Why would I need to go elsewhere, it is supposed to be supported by Floracing, it isnt anymore. It was a selling point for me. They need to support what they sold me on. My TV has a browser, if it worked on there I wouldn't have bought a ROKU.
I bought a Roku Streaming Stick back in January, when all the FloRacing hype was just starting. The fact that it was the cheaper option, as opposed to Apple TV, was the deciding factor for me. As well, it was advertised on FloRacing as being a viable option. It's been a complete disappointment, with only a small portion of FloRacing's menu being available at any given time, before it disappears permanently. I've been in contact with both of them. FloRacing blames Roku. Roku blames FloRacing. My Roku is now sitting in a box in my closet. I've had to go and purchase the latest Apple TV so that I can watch what I thought I was going to be able to watch. Total investment so far, around $450.

7/8/19, 8:43 PM   #7
nonwingkingofkalifornia

Does the Apple TV app work? I just want something that the app is being updated and taken care of. The ROKU stream is top notch, unfortunately Floracing is not doing their job and taking care of the other aspects of it. Are they taking care of the Apple TV app?

7/8/19, 9:15 PM   #8
fish

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrentTFunk View Post
Sorry it didn't work out for you, but your apology is pure class. I can't believe your original post was allowed to stay. If it would have mentioned one of the sacred cows instead of USAC, it would have been deleted. Just my opinion.

Ain't that the truth. Do you think they'll be an apology from the people that let it stay up!

2 members like this post: BrentTFunk, tirespinner
7/8/19, 10:14 PM   #9
kplange

Quote:
Originally Posted by nonwingkingofkalifornia View Post
Does the Apple TV app work? I just want something that the app is being updated and taken care of. The ROKU stream is top notch, unfortunately Floracing is not doing their job and taking care of the other aspects of it. Are they taking care of the Apple TV app?
I'm happy with my Apple TV. I just looked at the available FloRacing replays on my Apple TV and it numbered ninety one. When checked on my Roku, it showed a total of twenty three. This includes all the types of racing that they cover. Both streams seem to be equal as far as clarity, it's just the content that is lacking with Roku. Make sure that you have the 4th generation of Apple TV. I don't believe the earlier ones work.

7/8/19, 10:33 PM   #10
nonwingkingofkalifornia

Thanks, but how many upcoming Races does it show, not to concerned about past races. Does it list a week, a month, three days, or like the ROKU, none.

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > My Bad