IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Movieland/Chandler up for auct
2/19/19, 3:51 PM   #11
Re: Movieland/Chandler up for auct
nathans1012

Race Count This Year: 7
Race Count Last Year: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry Shaw View Post
Surely Reno Fontana will be here any minute now to clear all this up.��

Jerry
He's already stated on the tracks Facebook page it's b.s. You should all read it.
Last edited by nathans1012; 2/19/19 at 3:53 PM.

1 member likes this post: jim goerge
2/19/19, 3:57 PM   #12
Avon Open Wheel fan

February 19, 2019...A Movieland Speedpark Lesson In Real Estate Transactions...

Today, as hundreds of you have already let me know, a sign was posted announcing the auction of the Chandler Raceway on March 20, 2019.

I CAN GUARANTEE THERE WILL BE NO AUCTION OF THE CHANDLER RACEWAY!!!

I own the property! When I bought the property, I also inherited the mechanics lien of approx 60K that was placed upon the property which is the reason for the auction announcement.

I have the funds sitting in escrow to pay off the mechanics lien AND other associated costs currently associated to the property.

AS A CONDITION OF RETIRING THE LIENS AGAINST THE PROPERTY, MY LENDER IS REQUIRING THAT I HAVE A CLEAN PHASE 1 ENVIRONMENTAL SITE ASSESSMENT (ESA) COMPLETED PRIOR TO RELEASE OF FUNDS TO RETIRE THE LIENS. THE ESA REPORT IS CURRENTLY BEING CONDUCTED.

The property, as a commercial motorsports facility, has probably had a gallon or two of motor oil and gasoline spilled on the grounds since it first opened 55 years ago. A contaminated property can cost millions of dollars in cleanup costs to a new buyer (me) IF an ESA is not completed prior to the final closing of a purchase.

Racing season will commence as I've stated.

THERE ARE NUMEROUS LEGAL WAYS TO CANCEL THIS SALE IF THE ESA FINDS PROBLEMS IN THE ENVIRONMENTAL STUDY.

It's full speed ahead for Movieland Speedpark! 1000%!!!

2/19/19, 4:35 PM   #13
Griffittsmotorsports

Believe it when I see it 👍

2/19/19, 4:36 PM   #14
Nate

So does he own the property or not? Because he said he has to have this done before closing on the sale?

2/19/19, 4:38 PM   #15
Griffittsmotorsports

Well it’s a court order sale March 20th guess will see if he owns it March 21or not 😉

2/19/19, 4:43 PM   #16
HDINDY

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avon Open Wheel fan View Post
February 19, 2019...A Movieland Speedpark Lesson In Real Estate Transactions...

Today, as hundreds of you have already let me know, a sign was posted announcing the auction of the Chandler Raceway on March 20, 2019.

I CAN GUARANTEE THERE WILL BE NO AUCTION OF THE CHANDLER RACEWAY!!!

I own the property! When I bought the property, I also inherited the mechanics lien of approx 60K that was placed upon the property which is the reason for the auction announcement.

I have the funds sitting in escrow to pay off the mechanics lien AND other associated costs currently associated to the property.

AS A CONDITION OF RETIRING THE LIENS AGAINST THE PROPERTY, MY LENDER IS REQUIRING THAT I HAVE A CLEAN PHASE 1 ENVIRONMENTAL SITE ASSESSMENT (ESA) COMPLETED PRIOR TO RELEASE OF FUNDS TO RETIRE THE LIENS. THE ESA REPORT IS CURRENTLY BEING CONDUCTED.

The property, as a commercial motorsports facility, has probably had a gallon or two of motor oil and gasoline spilled on the grounds since it first opened 55 years ago. A contaminated property can cost millions of dollars in cleanup costs to a new buyer (me) IF an ESA is not completed prior to the final closing of a purchase.

Racing season will commence as I've stated.

THERE ARE NUMEROUS LEGAL WAYS TO CANCEL THIS SALE IF THE ESA FINDS PROBLEMS IN THE ENVIRONMENTAL STUDY.

It's full speed ahead for Movieland Speedpark! 1000%!!!
You would do your phase one or core two sample before you move one once of soil or you are liable after the fact. And you would have used a Attorney to request those test so you are not liable. I hope you have a good insurance company because the next owner will sue you for clean up first.

2 members like this post: Griffittsmotorsports, jim goerge
2/19/19, 4:57 PM   #17
nathans1012

Race Count This Year: 7
Race Count Last Year: 34

Not trying to be an a-hole.
So when this place opens you all gonna shake his had.
I'm willing to give the guy a chance.
If he's willing to go through all this to get the place open and run it.
Look at all the b.s. Gas City & Paragon have gone through and their open.
Then the more power to him.
Most folks wouldn’t have the balls to go through the line of b.s. folks have thrown at him like he has.
When the track opens lets see how many of you admit you where wrong about this and track does well.
I'm optimistic as well; but I'm willing to let the man prove him self before I say anything.
This is like an old lesson I learned years ago.
Folks are more willing to say something about what you did wrong before give a chance to prove them self.
If Reno makes this a success I'll be the first to praise for the effort to get the facility open.
Seems like the track it's self has had a rough go of it over the years.
Just my opinion and thoughts on the matter.
The guy lives in California and hasn't even see the place yet and took a chance on it.
Last edited by nathans1012; 2/19/19 at 7:58 PM.

1 member likes this post: spicoli
2/19/19, 6:11 PM   #18
Crankin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Griffittsmotorsports View Post
Well it’s a court order sale March 20th guess will see if he owns it March 21or not 😉
Judging by all things Mr. Tinder has been “involved” in the last 5-6 years, I’d go with, RUN!

1 member likes this post: 17B
2/19/19, 7:34 PM   #19
PJ Wright

I'm just waiting for Charles to show up with the popcorn!
You laugh because I'm different. I laugh because you're all the same. Copied from the back of the #16 supermodified.

2/19/19, 7:55 PM   #20
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

4 members like this post: jdull99, PIT CART, PJ Wright, The Old Coyote
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Movieland/Chandler up for auct