IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Spread too thin
5/12/18, 12:07 PM   #1
Spread too thin
cmiracingvids

I don't wanna be a Debbie downer but, I just realized there is a TON of 410 non wing sprints racing tonight. Eldora, Tri State, Lawrenceburg, Putnamville and Paragon are all running. This might have been awesome 10-15 years ago...but today, there's just not enough cars to go around. We'll see though...

4 members like this post: BrentTFunk, jdull99, motorhead748, treecitytornado
5/12/18, 12:31 PM   #2
Re: Spread too thin
jdull99

I'm a nobody, but just looking at results online, seemed like that was the case last night too...gives all the big names a chance to win/finish up front, but as car counts wane in the summer & there are only so many tickets that can be bought; I agree with your concern...
Steel$ & Deal$ Swap Meet & Car Shows (next location; TBD...)

5/12/18, 12:34 PM   #3
John P Huss

Jason/ You Are Not A
Nobody.
Best Regards,
John

5/12/18, 1:17 PM   #4
hoosierhillbilly

I am glad you posted this. There is a lot to be said but ultimately there should be some concern.

On the plus side, BOSS non-winged and Waynesfield are both off but War has a race at Fayetteville co, Illinois. Tmez tweeted he is going there, btw.

2 members like this post: luckybuc97, Simon_says17
5/12/18, 1:37 PM   #5
flagboy55

I could not agree with you guys more. To me this is a concern as it ultimately hurts the product. I love sprint car racing in the Hoosier state but sometimes I think we have "too much of a good thing".

3 members like this post: captrat, jim goerge, nitrofunny
5/12/18, 2:15 PM   #6
cmiracingvids

I mean, for a racer it's great. You know whatever track is closest to you is probably only going to have enough cars for a feature, no b main. So you're gonna get start money. But...for the fans...you're not getting the best value for your dollar cause you just know some of the best won't be there. They only had 24 cars at Eldora for USAC last night. Almost 40 other cars decided to run locally. Used to be EVERYONE ran Eldora, just cuz. Not anymore. But like I said, for the racers...it's a good thing.

2 members like this post: flagboy55, Jbaldwin
5/12/18, 2:21 PM   #7
Rich Mersereau

Race Count This Year: Lots
Race Count Last Year: Lots

Honestly i was at Eldora last night and wasn't violently upset they didn't have a b-main. just saying.

5 members like this post: addictedtodirt, dkdorkboy, PIT CART, speed bump, tirespinner
5/12/18, 3:02 PM   #8
ronmil

Race Count Last Year: 48

Bloomington's car count definitely suffered, but the racing was the best I've seen this season, in my opinion. I just checked the Gas City schedule and noticed they have a lot more events this year running against Bloomington which I'm sure will mean shorter fields at both tracks, but I believe Bloomington will suffer more.

1 member likes this post: tirespinner
5/12/18, 3:38 PM   #9
KingRandomUser

With all the construction around Bloomington and the fact so many employers are clamping down on working hours for Friday it's hard for both teams/drivers and fand to even show up. Bloomongton's schedule has also been rather perplexing past couple years too. Even other divisions are suffering for cars.

Still despite the plethora of racing options today, get out there and support the tracks and teams and have a good time!

4 members like this post: Built-N-Stagger, jim goerge, tirespinner, WinglessLovers
5/12/18, 5:37 PM   #10
Longtime sprinter

So let’s just see what car counts the different tracks get tonite. It just may be a good thing though. Consider this, you’re a new team, just getting your feet wet, and you go to your local track. All the big guns are at premium events so it gives you a better chance, thus helps grow the sport for newbies.

4 members like this post: dirtnonwingfan, jim goerge, luckybuc97, tirespinner
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Spread too thin