IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > LPS - Putnamville Clash 3k to win Sprints 7/29
7/30/17, 9:04 AM   #21
Nate

Quote:
Originally Posted by racefan20 View Post
You were not even there Nate what is your gripe
Just saying, someone always says "why run a B main" when there are a few more cars than a full feature.

If that's the case and you're just want to let everyone run the feature anyways then why even qualify or run heats then? Just have em draw pills and run the feature.

If a track says, for instance, 20 cars will start the feature, then 20 cars need to start the feature and there should be a B whether there are 21 cars or 101 cars.

That's why I said, you wouldn't start 36 cars in the Indy 500 if 36 cars showed up.

2 members like this post: Chase Hightower, kcarm92
7/30/17, 11:31 AM   #22
Re: LPS - Putnamville Clash 3k to win Sprints 7/29
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

Of course not at USAC or some other sanctions, But I think Burg's number is 23. If there are 24 they run a B and only start 20 but 21-22-23 he'll let em run. Actually seen once when a show was running a bit long start I think 26 and scratched running a B. Of course this was a special at LPS. so the format is probably set for it.

Really doesn't matter to me. if a track has at least three heats so the variety is spread out then a feature. it's a good show and good turnout anymore.

Susan got a great night, Both DD and Cottle Won.

2 members like this post: racegal, superstock30
7/30/17, 3:44 PM   #23
jscott101

You start the extra 1-3 cars because if your only getting 18-22 cars to begin with then maybe just maybe those cars will be thankful and start supporting your track each week. You try to take care of your cars each week that attend your track. Not saying everyone gets a trophy and you start 26 cars each week, thats not the theory. But 1-3 extra cars that get to run might help out.

3 members like this post: agar, BrentTFunk, winged and non-winged
7/30/17, 5:23 PM   #24
BrentTFunk

I was not there last night. It sounds like all went smooth. Sometimes things can go bad when you do that. I was at a track one night, and they started 2 extra cars that night. As the leader was coming to take the white flag, one of those cars shot up the track as he was lapping him for the second time. He took out the leader who was about to win his first race. He was very upset. He said he always had to earn his way when he was starting out. I understand both sides, and in this case it sounds like they made the right call.

1 member likes this post: jscott101
7/30/17, 7:33 PM   #25
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by jscott101 View Post
You start the extra 1-3 cars because if your only getting 18-22 cars to begin with then maybe just maybe those cars will be thankful and start supporting your track each week. You try to take care of your cars each week that attend your track. Not saying everyone gets a trophy and you start 26 cars each week, thats not the theory. But 1-3 extra cars that get to run might help out.
I agree 100%. Laps are what make a team better. Racing with the best are what makes a driver better and running a feature is far more satisfying for a team than loading up. getting your Non Transfer and two money and heading home. It's necessary to limit the field. but it's also not hurting much by letting a couple extra who bothered to support your track run.

7/31/17, 7:06 AM   #26
ossuks

Give them all a trophy

2 members like this post: BrentTFunk, tirespinner
7/31/17, 9:20 AM   #27
racegal

Race Count This Year: 19

Thank you for the updates!!

1 member likes this post: tirespinner
7/31/17, 9:21 AM   #28
racegal

Race Count This Year: 19

Susan got a great night, Both DD and Cottle Won. [/QUOTE]

Woohoooooo!!!!

1 member likes this post: Charles Nungester
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > LPS - Putnamville Clash 3k to win Sprints 7/29