IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Bton???
5/26/12, 12:31 AM   #11
Re: Bton???
38DD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amzie View Post
I think 32 cars tonight. Pushing off B-main right now. Track still very heavy. I think it's going to be awsome for the A.

Posted via Mobile Device

B-main top 4

Cummins
Barrow
Christian
Smith

Burton led the first 11 laps then went over the cushion and off the track in turn 2.

A-main

Having PA problems tonight so can't hear very well.

Red flag lap 5
Very easy rollover by mark smith

Bilbee leads over holzclaw then schurenburg and bland I think. I'll post the top 5 as soon as they line up for the restart.

Top 5 at restart are:
Bilbee, holzclaw, schurenburg, tmez, bland

Yellow flag,
Holzclaw and tmez get together. Both have stopped. Looks like tmez has nerf bar rubbing tire. Holzclaw has restarted. Tmez on wrecker.

Stanbrough up to 8th, Bilbee still in lead. Getting ready for start

Caution for Brisco stop on backstretch. He restarted.

Another caution on restart. KC and 23 car together in turn 1.

Top 5:
Bilbee, schurenburg,bland, 5 car(kinser?), hupp, stanbrough

Caution for car off between 1 and 2. Top 5 same as before. 11 laps to go

Bilbee spun throught grass in 3&4. Caution came out. Looks like he's going to 5th. Don't know how they figured that out. Top 5 now:
Schurenburg bland stanbrough Bilbee and kinser

WOW!

Finish
Schurenburg
Bilbee

Not sure who was after them. Bland and stanbrough were there. Was busy watching Bilbee. Sent him back to 5th with about 2 to go. Passed a couple hard hitters in two laps. He was mad(and a lot of fans too) that they sent him to 5th after the caution but they said that's where he crossed the start/finish line when the caution came out. But he would have lost at least that many positions if they didn't bring out the yellow and I think he's lucky they didn't send him to the tail. I do feel for him though. I think he was the car to beat tonight. Nobody had anything for him in the heat or feature.
Bland was 3rd and Stanbrough was 4th

5/26/12, 12:34 AM   #12
terrell854

Nick got robbed he never stopped the flag man shouldn't have thrown the yellow but since he did nick never stopped therefore should've got his spot back its that simple

Posted via Mobile Device

5/26/12, 12:44 AM   #13
Amzie

It seems like at most tracks I've been to that if you are the cause of the caution you go to the tail. Doesn't matter if you stop or keep going so I think he was lucky there. If they didn't throw the yellow I think he may have lost more spots. If nothing else it bunched up the 4 cars in front of him which helped him out. I don't see why he was mad. I dont see how they could've put him back up front when he was the reason for the caution and lost spots because of his own actions.

Posted via Mobile Device

4 members like this post: Chastain75, DunaganRacing, fish, spicoli
5/26/12, 12:44 AM   #14
Wallsracing

Race Count This Year: 54
Race Count Last Year: 37

Quote:
Originally Posted by terrell854 View Post
Nick got robbed he never stopped the flag man shouldn't have thrown the yellow but since he did nick never stopped therefore should've got his spot back its that simple

Posted via Mobile Device
Who was the flagman

Posted via Mobile Device

5/26/12, 1:29 AM   #15
Eatin Dirt

Nick went hard into 3&4 and threw it sideways to avoid hitting a slower car, looked like he was going to stall. (at least that's what I thought) Then he cut it straight down acrossed the track and across the infield. He never stopped but I think the flagman thought he was going to an threw the yellow. I knew that no matter what they did it wasn't going to be the right call. The flagman just kept standing there leaning on the front of the flagstand as they tried to figure out what to do up in the tower. I was surprised they didn't send him to the tail, but glad that they didn't. Nick was having one heck of a night and in my eyes was about to win himself a Feature. Kudos also to JS for a good run from 16 to 4th, had to pass a couple guys twice.

1 member likes this post: ronmil
5/26/12, 9:13 AM   #16
Chris Nunn

Race Count This Year: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wallsracing View Post
Who was the flagman

Posted via Mobile Device
my uncle id imagine

Posted via Mobile Device

5/26/12, 9:40 AM   #17
SHORTBUS

Race Count This Year: 35
Race Count Last Year: 61

Old trigger finger lol

5/26/12, 2:59 PM   #18
Chris Nunn

Race Count This Year: 20

he is a driver safety concerned flagman first

Posted via Mobile Device

1 member likes this post: 38DD
5/26/12, 8:03 PM   #19
DIRT-TRACK-JUNKIE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Nunn View Post
he is a driver safety concerned flagman first

Posted via Mobile Device
So thats why he threw a caution when Chase spun in front of the field (full 360) and drove threw the infield in 1&2 why'll in 7th place on lap 8 Ohhhhhhhhhh that's right he didn't (nothing against chase)

Posted via Mobile Device

1 member likes this post: Chastain75
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Bton???