IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
sprintracer82 (Offline)
  #31 12/24/22 12:04 AM
I-96 didn't get hurt buy lack of beer sales. I believe the investigation from the attorney General had a huge effect on the track.
2 Likes: duel, PIT CART
BrentTFunk (Offline)
  #32 12/24/22 12:08 AM
Originally Posted by addictedtodirt:
This is false. IMS allows carry in and sells on premise. Bloomington and THAT come to mind also(at least they were under previous promotors).
There is an exception for tracks over 2 miles in length. IRP used to allow it when they had the road course active. As stated it only is the law if you get caught. I worked at a track when excise showed up. They explained it to me real well.
5 Likes: cowboyhar69, Dirtfan, Ilovedirttrackracing, oppweld, TBONE
addictedtodirt (Offline)
  #33 12/24/22 5:24 AM
Originally Posted by BrentTFunk:
There is an exception for tracks over 2 miles in length. IRP used to allow it when they had the road course active. As stated it only is the law if you get caught. I worked at a track when excise showed up. They explained it to me real well.
How were Bloomington and THAT allowed to sell on site then? I attended both regularly from '05 to '18 and both allowed carry in and sold on site.
BrentTFunk (Offline)
  #34 12/24/22 9:49 AM
Originally Posted by addictedtodirt:
How were Bloomington and THAT allowed to sell on site then? I attended both regularly from '05 to '18 and both allowed carry in and sold on site.
I don't remember Bloomington selling beer, but do remember Terre Haute doing it. We did it, until we got caught.
3 Likes: Dirtfan, PIT CART, TBONE
Charles Nungester (Offline)
  #35 12/24/22 10:19 AM
Bloomington never sold beer until like the last ten years or so. Also possible there are different types of licenses.

Charles Nungester
2 Likes: Dirtfan, mc/rider
Dirtfan (Offline)
  #36 12/24/22 10:27 AM
Originally Posted by Charles Nungester:
Bloomington never sold beer until like the last ten years or so. Also possible there are different types of licenses.
You are correct Chuck,Bloomington sold beer, been 3 promoters ago.

Dan Hetser

"Today is a Gift, Tomorrow is not Promised"
2 Likes: Ilovedirttrackracing, PIT CART
Stevensville Mike (Offline)
  #37 12/24/22 12:01 PM
Originally Posted by BrentTFunk:
I don't remember Bloomington selling beer, but do remember Terre Haute doing it. We did it, until we got caught.
You were a bootlegger, Brent?

And here I always thought of you as a model IOW citizen.....

Chiming in live from the West Coast of Michigan.... Mike
5 Likes: BrentTFunk, flagboy55, Ilovedirttrackracing, luckybuc97, mc/rider
sp6967 (Offline)
  #38 12/24/22 7:28 PM
sure am happy i don't drink.

"The nine most terrifying words in the English language are: I'm from the Government, and I'm here to help." President Ronald Reagan
6 Likes: BrentTFunk, cmakin, flagboy55, Hustlin-Hoosier, Ilovedirttrackracing, Offroadrace_814
OnTheHammer (Offline)
  #39 12/24/22 7:34 PM
Originally Posted by sprintracer82:
I-96 didn't get hurt buy lack of beer sales. I believe the investigation from the attorney General had a huge effect on the track.
Why was the attorney general investigating I-96?
Rapid Rick (Offline)
  #40 12/24/22 8:28 PM
Terre Haute is a different animal. The Speedway and Action Track are the just about the only open wheel tracks left with an infield friendly to race fans. Been that way forever. A good compromise would allow for coolers, can beer and fried chicken in the infield.
4 Likes: Hustlin-Hoosier, oppweld, Pancho Stapp, rimrider69