IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
Danny Burton (Offline)
  #1 8/17/18 11:50 PM
Several of you may know that I've written a book of fiction. It's called Racing with Faith and it consists of 22 short stories that combine racing with faith.

An example is the story of a young man who shows up to race in the Indy 500, but has a massive hangover. He takes a contending car and finishes 12th. Post-race, he is fired by the car owner, who is his father.

The young man continues making poor/stupid choices and ends up homeless, under the influence and he keeps hanging out with people who make their own poor choices.

Finally he wakes up and asks forgiveness from his dad. Take it from there.

Thanks to a lot of people who helped with this, mainly Mike O'Leary, who first put the idea in my head. Thankfully, he didn't need a hammer.

The book is $19.95 in paperback form. The hardcover edition is $35.95. I'm scheduled for formal book signings at most of "our" tracks, including the Bloomington Speedway, Gas City/I-69 Speedway, Kokomo Speedway, Lawrenceburg Speedway, Lincoln Park Speedway, Terre Haute Action Track and Tri-State Speedway.

I'll be at The Ark Bookstore in Columbus, IN on September 15 from 1-3 p.m. signing books. (From there I'm off to Haubstadt for the Hustler.) I'll be at the Bartholomew County Library on September 29 from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. signing more books.

Tomorrow, Saturday the 18th, I flipped a coin and I plan to be at the Lincoln Park Speedway, not for a formal book signing. But I will bring some paperback books along if someone wants to make a purchase.

Thanks--DB

http://www.hoseheads.com/dannyb.html

Quiet, numbskulls. I'm broadcasting.
25 Likes: Al Pierce, BrentTFunk, chrismattlin, davidm, dirt330, Dirtfan, dirtnonwingfan, fish, Gregg, i love dirt track racing, Jerry Spencer, jim goerge, Josh Spencer, luckybuc97, LUCKYONE, Mrs G, PJ Wright, racegal, racenut69, RacinBabe, rmcar, ryan84, tirespinner, turn4, WinglessLovers
Josh Spencer (Offline)
  #2 8/18/18 12:21 PM
Sign me up for one my friend! See you at the smack down!

Josh
6 Likes: BrentTFunk, Danny Burton, i love dirt track racing, jim goerge, Mrs G, tirespinner
BrentTFunk (Offline)
  #3 8/18/18 1:51 PM
I will take a hard cover
3 Likes: Danny Burton, jim goerge, tirespinner
racegal (Offline)
  #4 8/18/18 2:29 PM
I want mine autographed! I am looking forward to reading it!

DD FAN-atic!! Susan St. Catherine
God bless America and our troops
4 Likes: BrentTFunk, Danny Burton, jim goerge, tirespinner
5JMOFFATTFAN! (Offline)
  #5 8/18/18 3:25 PM
Will there be any of the books for sale at the ark while your there ?
2 Likes: i love dirt track racing, tirespinner
Danny Burton (Offline)
  #6 8/18/18 10:09 PM
Absolutely. But you may have to listen to me yak about it first.

3 Likes: i love dirt track racing, jim goerge, tirespinner
jim goerge (Offline)
  #7 8/18/18 10:25 PM
Danny I"ll take a copy also , but would like it signed
4 Likes: BrentTFunk, i love dirt track racing, Josh Spencer, tirespinner
Danny Burton (Offline)
  #8 8/23/18 4:41 PM
A reminder that I'm planning on being at all of our favorite bullrings in the next few weeks.

Selling books and bench racin' at Kokomo Speedway's Smackdown tonight.

2 Likes: BrentTFunk, jim goerge
MIKE HEIMEL (Offline)
  #9 8/23/18 4:48 PM
I will catch you Saturday afternoon at the track !! GET YER BOOK FROM DANNY !!!!!
RacinBabe (Offline)
  #10 8/23/18 5:44 PM
Picked up our autographed copy earlier this afternoon and have already started reading!! I’m really enjoying the stories!

If you’ve not picked up your copy yet, Danny has been just inside the front gate at Kokomo today. Go see him and pick yours up!!

Kelly
4 Likes: dirt330, Dirtfan, jim goerge, wildman92