IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Chuck Wilson - RIP
1/20/23, 9:37 PM   #1
Chuck Wilson - RIP
fish

Chuck Wilson passed away on Thursday.

From Chad Wilson: "Last night at 7:47 my father passed away surrounded by family. He is finally at peace after a long fight against Lewy Body Dementia. Information about his services will be released soon."

1/21/23, 7:41 AM   #2
chop

I am sorry for the lost to his family. Chuck Wilson was a long time racer in the Michigan, Ohio, Indiana area tracks. He raced many years with SOD in the beginning of that series. Also put a lot race nights in at Butler motor speedway. Wonder how many miles he put on that old Ford van towing his #3 sprinter back then?

5 members like this post: BrentTFunk, fish, rapid robert, spicoli, tirespinner
1/21/23, 8:40 AM   #3
EldoraMark

Never had the chance to meet Chuck but did watch him race. I did however get to meet his two sons. They are friends with my son. Chuck must of been a good father because he has two outstanding boys. Prayers for the entire family. R.I.P.
Last edited by EldoraMark; 1/22/23 at 8:53 AM.

2 members like this post: BrentTFunk, tirespinner
1/21/23, 10:54 AM   #4
Re: Chuck Wilson - RIP
Stevensville Mike

Thanx for the update, fish, albeit news that no one wants to hear. Watched Chuck many a time over the years at Butler.

3 members like this post: BrentTFunk, fish, tirespinner
1/21/23, 1:16 PM   #5
Will Shunk

My condolences to the entire Wilson family. It certainly must have been a difficult past few years as this disease takes hold of Chuck. Like many, I was fortunate to watch Chuck run midgets and sprints and most recently get to know Chris and Chad as they campaigned their number 14 sprint car. RIP.

3 members like this post: BrentTFunk, fish, tirespinner
1/21/23, 11:07 PM   #6
tristatephoto

Sorry to hear of Chuck Wilsons passing,that is two former Midget Drivers Deaths In two weeks .Last week was Eddie Horne and this week Chuck Wilson Both from Northwest Ohio. Chuck was a Driver for Eddie Horn's Father ,Harry Horne before Eddie drove the family car. May they both RIP.

1 member likes this post: tirespinner
1/22/23, 10:16 AM   #7
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

Early 90s I made a lot of races up north, Attica, Eldora just about every big show, Millstream, Fremont Chuck ran a bunch of those and If im not mistaken won one of the Attica races I went too, Lost track late nineties and early 2000s but then caught him again running some Boss. Also met Chad once or twice. Once when running a Pumpkin Boss Race at Millstream as they brought some of the cars up to the stands early before race.

Thoughts and prayers to the family.
Last edited by Charles Nungester; 1/22/23 at 10:48 AM.

1/22/23, 10:18 PM   #8
chadkart14

Thanks for the kind words and prayers for our family, We appreciate them. He was a great man on and off the race tracks. Here is my dad's obituary. https://www.egglestonmeinert.com/obi...#/obituaryInfo

1/23/23, 2:50 PM   #9
Joe Schaub

Quote:
Originally Posted by fish View Post
Chuck Wilson passed away on Thursday.

From Chad Wilson: "Last night at 7:47 my father passed away surrounded by family. He is finally at peace after a long fight against Lewy Body Dementia. Information about his services will be released soon."
My prayers to Chad and his entire family. I lost my mom to this horrible disease in 2019. Pray your family members never have to go through this.

1 member likes this post: tirespinner
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Chuck Wilson - RIP