IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Rain in Kokomo
4/19/13, 1:30 AM   #1
Rain in Kokomo
Jerry Spencer

Almost four inches of rain so far here in Kokomo, streets flooded creek flooded ducks looking for dry ground.

Jerry #66j
stida.com/HalfMoon

1 member likes this post: jim goerge
4/19/13, 1:41 AM   #2
Re: Rain in Kokomo
herbie42

Race Count This Year: 1
Race Count Last Year: 45

It's not looking good for Putnamville either what a bummer man it's something all us race fans look forward to every weekend and mother nature has to show her ass not cool.

2 members like this post: mowerman, PatrickMead#13
4/19/13, 1:58 AM   #3
cwfan08

Race Count This Year: 17

Stay safe Jerry..its about as bad over here in Grant county..water every where..its just crazy that it has barely moved and started raining just after lunch time today..water standing in places i haven't seen it in a while!

Tyler

4/19/13, 4:38 AM   #4
reeserx

26 is a mess. Took me an extra 45 mins coming home from work in Lafayette tonight. I had to turn around once and go about 30 mph pretty much the whole way. Places that don't normally flood are flooded. After you cross 31 to continue onto 26 is closed because of the wildcat creek going over its banks. Stay safe everyone

Posted via Mobile Device

4/19/13, 7:25 AM   #5
FALCONEDDIE

Jerry Spencer,
Send the rain to Florida. Our lakes are dried up; our ducks are looking for water. We have no racing to worry about rain. One track last week 12 cars for 100 lap race for late models. 4 modifieds for a 25 lap feature. Thank God we have Jack slash.

4/19/13, 7:34 AM   #6
Jerry Spencer

This will match the 100 year flood in my opinion. If you are passing thru be very careful the city is really bad and so is some of the highways 26-19-35-31 and a ton of other places are under water. I think we were close to 4 inches of rain, I know I had one and three quarters inches from 11pm to 6 am. J.M.O. but if Gas City got half of what we got they are also under water, I do not know that for a fact but I would really be suprised if they were not flooded.

The Wildcat floods at around 11 foot When I left work the creek was at 16.44 and rising fast.

Be safe

Jerry #66j
stida.com/HalfMoon
Last edited by Jerry Spencer; 4/19/13 at 7:40 AM.

4/19/13, 7:52 AM   #7
Jerry Spencer

I forgot to mention the drop in temp. 33 degrees at 6am. with a strong wind.

Jerry #66j
stida.com/HalfMoon

4/19/13, 8:30 AM   #8
cwfan08

Race Count This Year: 17

Ya its pretty dang chilly out there..under a freeze watch for tonight..freaking crazy drastic weather changes for mid-late april..our river is running around 15.5 feet right now and still going up..Stay safe everyone dont judge water on a road..trust me..

Tyler

4/19/13, 8:11 PM   #9
Jerry Spencer

I just got a chance to look around and take some picture's the people in this town are amazing, I had my work shirt on (City of Kokomo) and people were just going crazy over the work being done to try and save there property. The fireman going house to house in boats getting people to dry ground is a site to remember, at this point in time a fireman / policeman could run for pope and get the job that is how grateful people are in this time of tradegy. They are not mad just very thankful for everything those guys and gals are doing as the water rises.

No doubt in times like these the people of Kokomo come together as one.

I took some pictures but do not know how to get them to the computer, as of this time there are two bridges open to get across Kokomo, Dixon and U.S. 31 I am not sure about Apperson due to the evacuation in the area.

Stay safe everybody

And then the snow and ice start in with a vengence.

Jerry #66j
stida.com/HalfMoon
Last edited by Jerry Spencer; 4/19/13 at 8:20 PM.

1 member likes this post: BrandonT30
4/19/13, 8:43 PM   #10
BrandonT30

[QUOTE=Jerry Spencer;326717]I just got a chance to look around and take some picture's the people in this town are amazing, I had my work shirt on (City of Kokomo) and people were just going crazy over the work being done to try and save there property. The fireman going house to house in boats getting people to dry ground is a site to remember, at this point in time a fireman / policeman could run for pope and get the job that is how grateful people are in this time of tradegy. They are not mad just very thankful for everything those guys and gals are doing as the water rises.

No doubt in times like these the people of Kokomo come together as one.

I took some pictures but do not know how to get them to the computer, as of this time there are two bridges open to get across Kokomo, Dixon and U.S. 31 I am not sure about Apperson due to the evacuation in the area.

Stay safe everybody

And then the snow and ice start in with a vengence.

Jerry #66j
stida.com/HalfMoon[/QUOTE

This is the worst flood we've seen in a very long time seen this from the Kokomo Tribune
Kokomo Tribune is reporting "The Howard County Commissioners have declared a state of emergency extending through at least the next seven days. Also, the City of Kokomo has issued a press release declaring this the worst flood on record. The water is 18.34 feet above the base of Wildcat Creek and is the highest recorded since the gauge was installed in 1950."

1 member likes this post: Jerry Spencer
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Rain in Kokomo