Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > L burg 4/6/19
4/9/19, 3:23 PM   #21
Re: L burg 4/6/19
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by nodramazone20 View Post
Track was not good at all. This is not the first time terrible track conditions plague a race at Lawrenceburg. Probably the nicest facility on the USAC trail and more times than not, the track is junk. By widening out the track, all you do is take the top 2 lanes out of the equation and make the racing terrible....With the bank they have at this place, you can water it morning, noon and night and it will not hurt it......Move the tires up and make the track smaller and you will have better racing.....

Im not dissagreeing that it was dry and all on the bottom. The racing wasn't great but there was passing, Dickie passed for the win and Bacon from 17th to fourth.

IM not making any excuse. But the new clay had no competitive laps on it and I figure he was playing it safe..

I also agree that it seems the best racing is when it is tacky. Several times last year it rained on race day or a hour before hotlaps and it was awesome.

I'll stand by my first report that it wasn't what I wanted or what I think the racers wanted. But I had a good time.

Far from the first time I've seen huggy pole and I've seen it at every track i've been too, several times.

IDK, for me, a bad night at track, save someone getting hurt is better than the best movie I've ever seen.

1 member likes this post: PJ Wright
4/10/19, 12:55 AM   #22
lazyifoto

I have always been told by drivers that he almost draines the river every week watering the track... Maybe they are going to try to make it less tacky and more black slick and see how that works for a few weeks. ..just a guess.

2 members like this post: SPRINTCAR, tirespinner
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > L burg 4/6/19