IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
svfd830 (Offline)
  #1 2/5/16 1:16 PM
I seen that Charleston has steel block sprints on their schedule. I was wondering who all might be going over there to race.
tim kelley (Offline)
  #2 2/5/16 2:56 PM
Was wondering if the Sprint Cars where wing or non-wing ? Thanks
Ldd450 (Offline)
  #3 2/5/16 3:15 PM
Non wing
6 Likes: dirtnonwingfan, i love dirt track racing, jim goerge, oppweld, rdzsprint, SHORTBUS
chastaj (Offline)
  #4 4/9/16 5:16 PM
Why would a track have a sprint class that's basically wide open other than steel block. Why not just have a weight rule to make aluminum and steel block cars weigh the same. I fear the car count will continue to be low. Only 5-6 for opening night till they open the door for the majority of cars that are out there
5 Likes: cody leohr 46L, jim goerge, Leohr46, PIT CART, t_inmyface
t_inmyface (Offline)
  #5 4/9/16 9:07 PM
Heard they didnt go with just a 410 ci rule because they didnt want someone to come and wipe the field with the steel block guys. The way i see it. The track is always black slick anyways (no disrespect). Big engine isnt going to do much for you there past hotlaps. Second, whatever payout they would of decided would of determined who was going to show up on a regular basis. Sure, a time or two some "bigger name guys" might show up because they dont have anywhere else to go that night. For the most part the payout is going to be the ultimate decision on who will be attending on a regular basis. Open it up. Get some cars. Give the stock car people a show 😁
chastaj (Offline)
  #6 4/9/16 9:19 PM
That's my point. A person could show up with a 440+ cubic inch iron block making more power than a 410 aluminum. Its a stupid rule that's going to kill car counts and probably the opportunity for sprints to run at another track long term.