IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Favorite ISW Moment/Memory
7/1/14, 9:44 AM   #11
Re: Favorite ISW Moment/Memory
dctracy79

2005: North Vernon. Cory Kruseman in the Keith Kunz 67, all red. Complete domination of the evening. Remember in the feature. Him putting the car in places I’ve only seen a select few do and get away with it. (Other times drivers on the head).. I think he lapped up to 5th or 6th place… that evening. The kicker: Tracy Hines in the Hoffman car I believe finished 2nd. Getting out of the car thinking that he won the race, because Kruser was that far ahead of everybody else…

7/1/14, 11:47 AM   #12
Bill Gardner
Administrator

I remember standing behind Terry Pletch waiting to get a pit pass at Lawrenceburg the night after he won at Terre Haute. Several people walked up to tell him great job and I remember his response... I did not do it on my own. One of his greatest achievements and yet still so humble.

All my favorite sprint week memories involve people. I rarely think about the on track racing action.

7/1/14, 2:29 PM   #13
Andrew S. Quinn

The first time I went to Indiana Sprint Week in 1997. That's when I decided that I have to live in Indiana. It took awhile for that to happen, but finally moved here in 2006.

7/1/14, 3:21 PM   #14
4th turn fan

2 years ago,,,Clauson running 2nd at haubstat ( final night ). Found himself up-side-down in turn 4 fence with like 10 laps to go.. He stayed belted in,,, they they pulled him from fence,,,changed his tires,,,started at tail,,came back ( in a wrecked car ) to finish top 5.

5 members like this post: bigsby, cmakin, Game Time, jim goerge, mowerman
7/1/14, 4:05 PM   #15
bigsby

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4th turn fan View Post
2 years ago,,,Clauson running 2nd at haubstat ( final night ). Found himself up-side-down in turn 4 fence with like 10 laps to go.. He stayed belted in,,, they they pulled him from fence,,,changed his tires,,,started at tail,,came back ( in a wrecked car ) to finish top 5.
That was my first Sprint Week, also the night I became a Clauson fan.

7/1/14, 7:41 PM   #16
Stephen Cording

Gas City 2011. The day that changed my life. The rest is just part of the ongoing story.

7/1/14, 9:33 PM   #17
curtv10

2011 at Brownstown with the water truck coming out on the backstretch while the first heat was under green, some of the best racing I've seen after they fixed the track. Whatever happened to Casey Riggs who won that night?

2 members like this post: jim goerge, rachasin
7/7/14, 5:21 PM   #18
Tumey's 55

Started this thread last week which was perhaps a bit premature, would love to hear more stories.

7/7/14, 5:41 PM   #19
Tim Clauson

Haubstat I believe it was either 2009 or 2010 BC and Levi showed up tied qualified like 9 & 10 I think they both won their heats setting up a winner take all feature. They both got to 1st and 2nd and for the last 10 laps went at it like it was .... well for a Indiana Sprint Week Title. The last 5 laps was the first time I had heard the crowd over the sound of the engines. Levi won BC finished 2nd but it was the hardest that I had seen 2 drivers race for a win & a championship to this day. I will never forget walking on the front straight away emotionally drained from the week, from the race, but yet I knew how special it was to be a part of that night.

7/7/14, 6:32 PM   #20
racephoto1

I think it was 3 years ago at Putnamville, but could be 2. Spending about 45 minutes in a golf cart with some guy named Bill Gardner. I'm like Bill, I see a lot of races, and they all seem to combine together, the people though, they stand out.

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Favorite ISW Moment/Memory