IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Closed Thread  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Action track status
7/4/11, 10:37 AM   #201
Re: Action track status
BrentTFunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stagger View Post
Remember USAC at Terre Haute on ABC Wide World of Sports. Lots of day shows and the track was pretty damn good.
How different were the tires and motors back then? Wide of Sports went off the air in 1982 alot has changed since then.

2 members like this post: Pat O'Connor Fan, T&A Racing
7/4/11, 10:46 AM   #202
cowboyhar69

The beer was ice cold and the lady serving it was awful easy on the eyes.

Tim Wolffrum aka cowboy

7/4/11, 10:59 AM   #203
Z-man

Quote:
Originally Posted by cowboyhar69 View Post
The beer was ice cold and the lady serving it was awful easy on the eyes.

Tim Wolffrum aka cowboy
Glad to see someone has their priorities straight.
Posted via Mobile Device

4 members like this post: cowboyhar69, Danny Burton, SPRINTCAR, wallbanger II
7/4/11, 10:59 AM   #204
BrentTFunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by racephoto1 View Post
One of the five greatest sprint car races I ever saw was at Terre Haute, in the daytime. Rich Vogler starting in the back in the Bowen Olds car and kicking everybody's a##.

If you know what your doing you can put a great show on in the day time at THAT. Nobody knew what they were doing today.
Maybe in the old days, but not today. I wish Gas was still $.69 a gallon like it was then. Guess what it ain't the old days, and its never going to be again. The differences in tires and motors is night and day. The only way that race could have happened was no water or rain, let the track rubber down from top to bottom to prevent dust. The next problem is the track would have been a tire eater. When I saw it raining there Sat. night I knew this is exactly what would happen. No one could have prepped the track decent, not even Tommy.

7/4/11, 11:20 AM   #205
Drtchsr

Race Count This Year: 34
Race Count Last Year: 53

Luckily for me I saw a race at Grundy county Saturday nite that compared with Midget week at Putnamville. This took a lot af the sting out of Sunday but I didn't see a whole lot of support for that race on here.
Posted via Mobile Device

1 member likes this post: BrentTFunk
7/4/11, 11:39 AM   #206
AmberBrzozowski

Last edited by AmberBrzozowski; 7/4/11 at 12:52 PM.

7/4/11, 12:14 PM   #207
Rpracing1

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrentTFunk View Post
When I saw it raining there Sat. night I knew this is exactly what would happen.

Wish you would have called me and told me.

7/4/11, 12:22 PM   #208
Stagger

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrentTFunk View Post
How different were the tires and motors back then? Wide of Sports went off the air in 1982 alot has changed since then.
I respectfully disagree. If we were talking Midgets or Sprinters I would agree to a point but even they have not changed that much besides motors and fancy parts. Silver Crown cars have not changed that much. A tad faster and a little better tire. Other than that besides some widgets and gadgets I do not see enough that would make much of a change.

It was strictly a piss poor effort from USAC period. Not really surprising considering. They have been a Monkey Jacking a Football for awhile now.

Kevin Miller and his cronies need to step down from their positions.
I have not seen anything they have done that has been anything but a cluster F@@k. When they do pull off a good show it was not because of them.

If Mr. Miller has any dignity left he would step down on his own accord and walk away. He is a disgrace to open wheel dirt racing.

It is a shame USAC has come to this point but when you hire incompetent people to run the show you get what you get.

Sure we will all still go to the races but I do not know how anybody can defend the current staff at USAC. The have become a joke which is sad but true.

Start Packing up you office Kevin Miller... Maybe you can go BS another group that you actually have a freaking clue and collect a check from the Monster Truck group or who ever will still listen to you. SEE YA.

3 members like this post: Hubie, IndyBound
7/4/11, 12:38 PM   #209
rpedersen20

I'm okay with much of what has been said besides the fact this is the 21st century and thats what the lights are for. Maybe what you all are really trying to say is its too hot for YOU to sit in the stands. Day racing was one of the factors that drove me to the track yesterday alongside the pitting in the infield. I have seen races put on during the day at many tracks with great results. Look at kokomo, most nights the lights are on for only the features. I don't know how many years I watched sunday day shows at four crown, track typically looked better on sunday then it does any saturday night there now. Please keep trying to restore some of the traditions these cars were founded on usuc. Maybe they will reschedule it for another sunday afternoon in october. As far as everyone asking about track prep Jerry Olson was around on the scene. For you that don't remember the shenanigans of this man ask anyone you know about the 2000 nwwc. As I remember one particular night he kicked everyone out the stands to by another ticket and then cancelled the show. Real class act guy.
Last edited by rpedersen20; 7/4/11 at 12:40 PM.

1 member likes this post: Indy1808
7/4/11, 1:02 PM   #210
BrentTFunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rpracing1 View Post
Wish you would have called me and told me.
I told several people that at Putnamville. Guess you should have been there.

Closed Thread Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Action track status