IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > 10 to Win...MSCS @ Tri State
9/23/08, 9:58 AM   #1
10 to Win...MSCS @ Tri State
Motormasher

With 10 to win at Tri State Speedway Saturday wouldn't you think every big sprint car driver would be there?

I have heard that USAC has scheduled a midget race at Tri City Speedway in Granite City IL saturday night also? Does anybody know if that true or not? I don't see it on their website, but if so, pretty smart promoting on USAC's behalf to keep some of their top drivers from competing with MSCS huh?

Still the fact that MSCS doesn't qualify makes me wonder if some of the USAC teams, like Hoffmans for example, might not compete anyway do the fact that if your fast in qualifications, and you don't transfer in your heat, the best you could do is start on the tail of the feature if you make it through the B-main. One of the dissadvantages of the MSCS program in my opinion. Just wondering what everybody else thinks????
Last edited by Motormasher; 9/23/08 at 10:20 AM.

9/23/08, 10:01 AM   #2
Re: 10 to Win...MSCS @ Tri State
SpridgeIsMyHero

The MSCS race is this Saturday, the 27th. The USAC races at Granite City are scheduled for October 9-11.

9/23/08, 10:23 AM   #3
Jerry Shaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motormasher View Post
With 10 to win at Tri State Speedway Saturday wouldn't you think every big sprint car driver would be there?
I have heard that USAC has scheduled a midget race at Tri City Speedway in Granite City IL saturday night also? Does anybody know if that true or not? I don't see it on their website, but if so, pretty smart promoting on USAC's behalf to keep some of their top drivers from competing with MSCS huh?
Still the fact that MSCS doesn't qualify makes me wonder if some of the USAC teams, like Hoffmans for example, might not compete anyway do the fact that if your fast in qualifications, and you don't transfer in your heat, the best you could do is start on the tail of the feature if you make it through the B-main. One of the dissadvantages of the MSCS program in my opinion. Just wondering what everybody else thinks????
With Hoffmans, I would guess that they'll definitely not be at Haubstadt, since they have a race @ Winchester the next day and they're only 9 points out of the lead for the sprint title. It would be great to see Jerry Coons there in the HAR #69, but it's not very likely.

And I think most fans are with you on not getting you qualifying spot back, if you have to transfer through the B. Me included. I don't think I've ever heard a fan say that they liked that rule.

Jerry

Winston Churchill

9/23/08, 10:39 AM   #4
Motormasher

I have just heard (rumor) that USAC had rescheduled a race at Tri City. Maybe it was a rain out or something? Just what I heard. Was hoping someone knew for sure.

9/23/08, 10:55 AM   #5
Andrew S. Quinn

I dont recall seeing Tri City on the USAC schedule till they added the co-sanction for the race next month for midgets.

9/23/08, 11:22 AM   #6
Rpracing1

How many car do you think will show up at Haubstadt Saturday night?

9/23/08, 11:32 AM   #7
RichC

Quote:
And I think most fans are with you on not getting you qualifying spot back, if you have to transfer through the B. Me included. I don't think I've ever heard a fan say that they liked that rule.
This must be a regional thing because out west the fans think the opposite. They believe that guys should have to race their way in through the heats and earn that starting spot up front by racing their way there. They feel that giving guys that came out of the B their starting spot back encourages the drivers who qualify up front to not race that hard in the heats. I tend to agree with that assessment myself. Qualifying is often dictated by the luck of the draw whereas heat races are more often about driving than luck.

9/23/08, 11:36 AM   #8
Jerry Shaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichC View Post
This must be a regional thing because out west the fans think the opposite. They believe that guys should have to race their way in through the heats and earn that starting spot up front by racing their way there. They feel that giving guys that came out of the B their starting spot back encourages the drivers who qualify up front to not race that hard in the heats. I tend to agree with that assessment myself. Qualifying is often dictated by the luck of the draw whereas heat races are more often about driving than luck.
I said NOT getting your qualifying position back, if you don't transfer out of the heat. You actually agree with the prevailing opinion, that I've seen.

Jerry

Winston Churchill

9/23/08, 11:57 AM   #9
RichC

Now that I've re-read the OP, I think we can all agree on one thing. I'm an idiot.

9/23/08, 12:06 PM   #10
Jerry Shaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichC View Post
Now that I've re-read the OP, I think we can all agree on one thing. I'm an idiot.
If that's all it takes to earn that title, then a lot of us are in trouble.:rolling

Jerry

Winston Churchill

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > 10 to Win...MSCS @ Tri State