IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Shane Hmiel on Wind Tunnel
4/4/10, 9:39 PM   #1
Shane Hmiel on Wind Tunnel
apexonephoto

Race Count This Year: 8
Race Count Last Year: 35

I know he's not the quintessential Indiana sprint or midget racer, but Shane Hmiel is on Wind Tunnel, and maybe he'll mention the Eldora fiasco...

4/4/10, 9:53 PM   #2
Re: Shane Hmiel on Wind Tunnel
Bruce Harrison

Good interview. Shane was honest about his drug issues, and seems like a young man with his priorities in order.

4/4/10, 9:59 PM   #3
Onlydirt

I am a BIG fan of Shane, only thing I can hold against him is he drove those awful NASCAR things by choice.

4/4/10, 10:09 PM   #4
Johnhunt

Race Count Last Year: 22

i wasn't much of a Shane Hmiel fan, but after the Wind Tunnel interview, I have a lot of respect for the guy owning up to his mistakes. Plus, he's now a rare American that actually has interest in IndyCar racing. I say way to go Shane!

4/4/10, 10:13 PM   #5
MAXIMHATER

after watching that there is a reason why he has the nick name THE REAL DEAL he is a great person and someone to watch way to go shane i'm really regeting not going to work for you THANKS FUZZ

4/5/10, 7:05 AM   #6
interpreter66

good interview, and how about the artic cat 3c sprinter on the table,i'm sure ds-dd-mm-rs and ck noticed it

4/5/10, 8:00 AM   #7
spruett

I think Shane brought to light some important points for many families that maybe struggling with one issue or another along the lines of depression, bi polar and other chemical issues of the brain. Our society is so addiction focused that it many times looks away from the fact that there actually may be an undelying health problem. Not to dismiss those who simply are struggling with addiction as any less than those with underlying mental illness.. All of it is a from of illness no doubt as most people who are intoxicated regularly are trying to adjust something in order to cope with life events, at the point of addiction it has certainly transcended entertainment or relaxation..

Whatever the case as Shane said the important thing is he has his life and he can deal with the rest from there.

Shane has made us proud as sponsors here at Alex Pruett Memorial Racing, Three WIde Life and the Pruett Family . We are there all the way for him.

In loving memory of Alex Pruett #56 USAC

Stefan, Paula and Steven Pruett

4/5/10, 11:12 AM   #8
RWMotorsports

Here's the link if you missed the interview last night:

SH Interview - SPEEDTV

We are proud to have Shane as a member of our team! He continually adds his energy and enthusiasm to his talent and passion for racing.

3 members like this post: AustinSprinter, IndyBound, mtek56
4/5/10, 11:47 AM   #9
Seadog

Quote:
Originally Posted by RWMotorsports View Post
Here's the link if you missed the interview last night:

SH Interview - SPEEDTV

We are proud to have Shane as a member of our team! He continually adds his energy and enthusiasm to his talent and passion for racing.
As time moves forward and the more I see and hear from Shane, the more I like him. Congrats to him on being clean almost three years. I really enjoy watching him hone his talents driving REAL race cars with USAC. Best of luck to him in '10 and I'll be rooting for Shane from the grandstands whenever I can.

4/5/10, 12:19 PM   #10
dirtnonwingfan

Race Count This Year: 6

Excellent interview. If you didn't see it, click on the link and watch it. I am glad we have the opportunity to see Shane race.

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Shane Hmiel on Wind Tunnel