IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > What is YOUR most memorable finish?
5/21/10, 3:40 PM   #21
Re: What is YOUR most memorable finish?
Chris Nunn

Race Count This Year: 20

Lol, i dont know where to go with that D.O. I dont know if you were shooting on them or whatnot but it was a hell of a pass.

5/21/10, 3:44 PM   #22
midmad68

3) 1997 - Phoenix - Jimmy Kite passes Chuck Gurney when he ran out of fuel in the SC race

2) 1999 - Ventura - my dad (Walt Johnson) passed Josh Wise coming off of turn four to win a TQ race.

1) 1994 - Bakersfield - Page Jones muscled Billy Boat out of the way for the closest victory i've ever seen.

5/21/10, 4:00 PM   #23
racefan20

The '96 SC win at IRP by Bliss was my best, I swear Bliss was going into 3 when Irwin took the white flag. He fell in behind a lapper and didnt know Bliss was coming until the last turn.
The last corner pass that JJ put on Levi at the 04 Sprint week show at Twin Cities was a good one too. A couple of great last lap passes by Cole Whitt at Kokomo last year rank up there too.

“To whom little is not enough, nothing is enough.” Epicurus

5/22/10, 12:02 AM   #24
racephoto1

A few years ago at the old Lawrenceburg. There is a yellow with 4 to go and Stanbrough is in fourth. I tell my friends he'll win. They say no way, they were wrong.

Toby at DuQuoin. Also Haubstadt last years sprintweek. A few years ago, Clayton and Stanrough at Tri State.

5/22/10, 12:43 AM   #25
Fred Zirzow

Race Count This Year: 65
Race Count Last Year: 49

(1)
I think it was about 1980.Winchester!.Schrader and Fox battling it out.I believe they got together and Schrader hit the wall Fox went backwards and Lotshaw got him at the line Fox was going backwards.
(2)
The Oval battle between Kruseman and Ford.

5/22/10, 3:17 AM   #26
RGardner

Kruseman and ford was epic! Kruseman hung it out those last three laps! Clauson and levi 09 sprintweek last year at tri state battling for the win and the sprintweek title! 01 at lakeside Rutherford banging off the fence beats Kruseman who flew out of the ball park on lap one, jumps in another car comes from the back and runs second! Bod darland classic two years ago ballou packs his right rear full of mud and almosyt wins it flips coming to the flag and darland wins it!
Posted via Mobile Device

5/22/10, 11:50 AM   #27
RGraves

Hunter Schuerenberg coming from dead last at Kokomo. I wasnt there but have seen the video several times.

5/22/10, 2:49 PM   #28
nonwing

My own most memorable finish... I guess I should say my win on ESPN Thursday Night Thunder in June of 1987 at the Speedrome. But really my most memorable finish wasn't a win. I won my heat race and then in the feature I finished second to Rich Vogler and Tom Bigelow ran third behind me. It was an ARCA Midget race at Salem in 1988. During my racing career, I didn't set the world on fire, but I had a few moments when I ran pretty well. Fortunately I have them on video and now DVD so at least I have proof! LOL

For some reason I really liked running the banks. I also ran third behind Bruce Fields and Eddie Horn during a AAMS midget race at Winchester. Bruce was running a USAC illegal offset midget. It was a real pretty red number 6 I think. I have to say Eddie hung with him.

Anyone know how Eddie Horn is? I know he got hurt really bad and it might have been at Anderson. I also wonder about Gene McCavy who also got hurt at Anderson during the 4th of July twin 50's. If any one has any info I'd like to know.

Fortunately I have seen Bruce a few times over the years. When I was a rookie with WWAR he was always open and honest when I asked him questions. He taught me a lot. He was awesome on the pavement and is a really neat guy.

Thanks,
George Wilkins

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > What is YOUR most memorable finish?