IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
opendirt63 (Offline)
  #1 9/1/12 9:36 AM
Anybody on the ground have weather updates

Posted via Mobile Device
SoIllSprinter (Offline)
  #2 9/1/12 11:24 AM
Rained like a cow peeing on a flat rock last night. More rain predicted for today, tonite, and tomorrow. Hard to seal over a wide mile track so I suspect getting the race in on Sunday will be difficult at best.
racephoto1 (Offline)
  #3 9/1/12 1:05 PM
I'm hoping we don't get much more rain there. I'd love to see a cushion on the mile. Been a looong time since I've seen one there.Would make it a great show.
sw1911 (Offline)
  #4 9/1/12 1:50 PM
Is there any chance of running both races Monday?
ronmil (Offline)
  #5 9/1/12 2:12 PM
Originally Posted by sw1911:
Is there any chance of running both races Monday?
I was thinking the same thing. I don't believe there is a Grandstand event on Monday night, so it seems that the track and grandstand would be available.

Ron Miller
Sawdust101 (Offline)
  #6 9/1/12 5:14 PM
I just hope a decision is made before everyone starts heading down that way. I want to see the race but don't want to make a trip for nothing but a corn dog.
miledirt (Offline)
  #7 9/1/12 5:48 PM
I think we are going to get it in - not getting as much rain as they predicted, at least so far

Posted via Mobile Device
ThePurple73 (Offline)
  #8 9/1/12 5:48 PM
I was planning on a foot long corn dog and maybe ride the shuttle and watch someone try the ski jump on the lake.
It's also my yearly chance at Whack-a-mole and the Chicken launch. I usually get a cold drink and get a chance to hear a band play In-a-gadda-da-vidda and Free Bird.
And of course usually a few old race cars(outside the track).
2 Likes: dirtball, koolaid89
mortboyz
  #9 9/2/12 12:35 AM
The rain has been off an on in metro St. Louis area all day. The forecast at DuQuoin is no better than here.....
My thoughts are, running the Champ Cars after the ARCA race is bad for fans, but good for promoter....maybe.
Either reschedule or don't run it .....a shi$$y track, shi$$y race draws nothing but complaints and no new fans....jmo.

This is just my thoughts....been to this race 28 of the last 30 years.
I'll be there tommorow if they run.

P.S.....The fair food isn't anywhere near as good as Springfield....
4 Likes: BrentTFunk, dirtball, jim goerge, Kellen Conover
sw1911 (Offline)
  #10 9/2/12 7:19 AM
Do the beef producers have a kitchen like they have at Springfield?