IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Kokomo: 9/16 - WOO Sprints
9/17/14, 3:38 PM   #41
Rpracing1

Who cares......I'm on my way to Terre Haute to see a sprint car race tonight and tomorrow!

5 members like this post: bighd0522, Charles Nungester, flagboy55, illinifan, luckybuc97
9/17/14, 3:48 PM   #42
flatout

There are some people in this world that you could give them a gold brick and they are going to complain that it is too heavy.

5 members like this post: davidm, flagboy55, illinifan, jjracer636, SWScaleChassis
9/17/14, 6:07 PM   #43
Re: Kokomo: 9/16 - WOO Sprints
jim goerge

In the early years of the outlaws it was the speed cuz of the wings that I liked them. Now as cars have evened out with everything cookie cuter its more of a parade with very little passing if any. With that said when was last time you saw winged cars 3 4 wide, if you have you have seen more than I ever have Its like the old saying To each their own.

9/17/14, 6:07 PM   #44
dsc1600

The debate is silly, you're just as likely to see a good winged feature as you are a good wingless show. I've seen wingless cars at Kokomo, Bloomington, Lawrenceburg, Gas City, Port Royal, Oskaloosa, Knoxville and Silver Dollar. The only part of the event that wingless shows have on the winged cars is the heats, which are far better with the wingless cars.

I've seen snoozer wingless races at all the tracks above except one. The only track that delivers on a consistent basis that I've seen is Kokomo. I'm sure the Outlaws put on a good show because I've never seen a bad race there.

2 members like this post: flagboy55, speed bump
9/17/14, 8:43 PM   #45
BeerCloud

Quote:
With that said when was last time you saw winged cars 3 4 wide
Last night @ Kokomo

9/17/14, 9:07 PM   #46
Kuhn74

We are amateur fans trying to have some fun and we thought the race was a good one last night. Qualifying was a elbows up shootout. I think Haud covered every inch of the racetrack just about. Sweet, Darrah and Saldana laid down cowboy laps late in the going.

Watching Kerry Madsen with 3 wheels in the fluff (4th one off the ground) blasting around there above the cushin on entry in the dash was worth the price of admission for me.

My 4 year old thought the "wing cars" were pretty cool. Fell asleep in the feature while I was trying to explain to him that "wing cars" are sprint cars. He thought it was pretty cool to meet a guy they call "the king." His explanation to my wife today on why they call him "the king" was priceless.

Fun night for us, wings or not......

4 members like this post: flagboy55, flatout, i love dirt track racing, K9Racer
9/17/14, 9:32 PM   #47
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerCloud View Post
Last night @ Kokomo
Double vision don't count

3 members like this post: BeerCloud, jim goerge, luckybuc97
9/17/14, 9:35 PM   #48
slick01

Race Count This Year: 31
Race Count Last Year: 48

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThrowbackRacingTeam View Post
Some dude in South Carolina who wasn't there is trying to tell someone who was what they're suppose to think about it. Lol. Now that's going to new levels to defend winged racing. But, we're supposed to judge a show by you tube high lights, not what you actually sat through all evening at the track. I wasn't there either so I'm not going to stoop to that level. However, from the winged highlights I've watched from Knoxville this year, it seems like their racing is a little better now, as long as the track is completely glazed slick. Otherwise, it is terrible. Young fans probably don't know the difference but to an older fan it's pretty sad that good racing can only occur on hard slick tracks. My favorite race of the year so far was sprint week at putnamville. It had a little of everything. I'll be at THAT Thursday. Hopefully, some wing guys hang around to race since some non-wing guys are running with them.
Hopefully you misread what Justin said. As a dude and duddette also from SC and who attend sprint car and midget races all over the country, it is the ******** between wing and non-wing factions we can't understand. When the closest actual sprint car track is 500+ miles away you can see why any of us would trade the crap for racing down here for wing or non-wing racing. Hopefully in 10 years we will be living in sprint car land wherever it may be. We love our trips to Indiana during the year and would have loved to have been at Kokomo last night, but that's a long ride from here on a week night.

Jeff and Ina

1 member likes this post: flagboy55
9/17/14, 9:38 PM   #49
SteelCore

I'll admit that the WoO show at Kokomo was probably the worse sprint car race I've seen this year. BUT it was a still a good race and I'd go again in a heartbeat. No complaints here about the racing.

I would like Kokomo to do something with the stands. My wife refuses to go and a buddy of mine went for the first time last night and he didn't want to go higher than a few rows because the bleachers feel unsafe. With that being said there is not a bad seat at Kokomo.

9/17/14, 9:52 PM   #50
i love dirt track racing

If I would have not used all my vacation days for all the non wing racing. ( All great events) I would have been at kokomo and that tonight and tomorrow. But I will have to wait till Saturday at Eldora. Hope all race fans enjoy the racing events that they can and enjoy. Thanks bill for making this happen for all race fans.have a great week and great weekend of racing .

3 members like this post: flagboy55, Gw275, rachasin
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Kokomo: 9/16 - WOO Sprints