IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Circle City Thoughts
5/26/23, 10:30 AM   #1
Circle City Thoughts
NoDramazone2020

Great 2 days of racing at Circle City Raceway. Crowds were huge and the program was well run both nights. Concessions and food were decent and affordable....all and all great experience. I do have concerns about parking and camping going forward, especially when we get to ISW. it looks like many of the local FAIR folk are not into the racing activities...with seeing all the yellow cones blocking off parking spots. I hope this is not an issue going forward? Makes me think the neighbors are not the problem, but rather many of the Fair people/barn owners who may be the issue???.....thoughts??

1 member likes this post: oppweld
5/26/23, 11:00 AM   #2
Re: Circle City Thoughts
JJMooney

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoDramazone2020 View Post
I do have concerns about parking and camping going forward, especially when we get to ISW. it looks like many of the local FAIR folk are not into the racing activities...with seeing all the yellow cones blocking off parking spots. I hope this is not an issue going forward? Makes me think the neighbors are not the problem, but rather many of the Fair people/barn owners who may be the issue???.....thoughts??
Last night was my first time back to Circle City since 2021. The last time I was there, I parked on an access road near the pit gate. Yes, there was a little wood barrier there. I just thought it was to control traffic flow while haulers are coming in the pit gate. In that area of the fairgrounds, there was plenty of grassy areas to park, especially near the livestock barns. Easier access when it came time leave, etc. Had no problem parking there last time. Well, when I was there last night, I parked in the same spot. I wasn't there a minute before a truck came by. A woman in the passenger seat rolled down her window, I'm assuming she was on the Fair board, asked if I was there for the races. I said, "Yes". She said, "You'll need to move to the race track parking lot. This is fairgrounds property." I asked, "Isn't it one in the same?" She said, "No. You need to move or I'll have you towed". I've never came across that before at a fairgrounds track. I just thought it was weird.

I think the neighbors are still a problem. Future neighbors too. I noticed a number of brand new homes being built in a new subdivision right across the street. Only a matter of time.

On the plus side, I thought the racing was great, at least for the sprint cars. Heats were really competitive and the first half of the feature was really exciting.

2 members like this post: NoDramazone2020, oppweld
5/26/23, 11:07 AM   #3
racefan20

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJMooney View Post
Last night was my first time back to Circle City since 2021. The last time I was there, I parked on an access road near the pit gate. Yes, there was a little wood barrier there. I just thought it was to control traffic flow while haulers are coming in the pit gate. In that area of the fairgrounds, there was plenty of grassy areas to park, especially near the livestock barns. Easier access when it came time leave, etc. Had no problem parking there last time. Well, when I was there last night, I parked in the same spot. I wasn't there a minute before a truck came by. A woman in the passenger seat rolled down her window, I'm assuming she was on the Fair board, asked if I was there for the races. I said, "Yes". She said, "You'll need to move to the race track parking lot. This is fairgrounds property." I asked, "Isn't it one in the same?" She said, "No. You need to move or I'll have you towed". I've never came across that before at a fairgrounds track. I just thought it was weird.

I think the neighbors are still a problem. Future neighbors too. I noticed a number of brand new homes being built in a new subdivision right across the street. Only a matter of time.

On the plus side, I thought the racing was great, at least for the sprint cars. Heats were really competitive and the first half of the feature was really exciting.
And they fixed the rock problem

“To whom little is not enough, nothing is enough.” Epicurus

5/26/23, 1:14 PM   #4
revjimk

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJMooney View Post

At least she warned you.... in Denver they have "predatory" towing companies. I got towed from a damn near empty Wendy's parking lot a few years ago after being there maybe 5 minutes. I saw the guy hooking up my car & said I'd pay, tried to stop him, he wouldn't even talk to me until the car was hooked up & on the street. Then he told me to call the number on his truck. Turns out the MFers charge a certain rate if its unhooked, more if its hooked up in the lot, even more yet if its on the street.... they pay some jerk to stand there & watch.....
Last edited by revjimk; 5/26/23 at 1:15 PM.

1 member likes this post: TQ29m
5/26/23, 3:56 PM   #5
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by revjimk View Post
At least she warned you.... in Denver they have "predatory" towing companies. I got towed from a damn near empty Wendy's parking lot a few years ago after being there maybe 5 minutes. I saw the guy hooking up my car & said I'd pay, tried to stop him, he wouldn't even talk to me until the car was hooked up & on the street. Then he told me to call the number on his truck. Turns out the MFers charge a certain rate if its unhooked, more if its hooked up in the lot, even more yet if its on the street.... they pay some jerk to stand there & watch.....
Wendy's were you a customer?

1 member likes this post: PIT CART
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Circle City Thoughts