5/30/11, 7:03 AM   #41
Re: J r wins the indy 500
SUPERDUKE
Banned

Another dummy speeks!

5/30/11, 8:42 AM   #42
PJ Wright

Gee, poor Dan Wheldon. I bet he didn't get a BIT of sleep after he found out that Duke said he didn't win. LOL

2 members like this post: awnunn, Charles Nungester
5/30/11, 10:37 AM   #43
Hubie

Paul Tracy won the 2002 Indy 500, only officialdumb didn't care for him or his CART team so they got screwed over. They were quicker than greased lightning with that yellow..............

5/30/11, 10:52 AM   #44
racerdog45

Quote:
Originally Posted by SUPERDUKE View Post
He keep running and finnish 500 miles the yellow did not come out when he hit the wall! What part of that don't you understand??????
ok Duke what part of he hit the wall and the yellow DID NOT COME OUT AND HE WAS PASSED UNDER GREEN do you not understand? It is over, Wheldon won and John Barnes is OK with the results and has stated that many times since, I would bet he's more upset his driver blew it with a 3+ second lead going into turn 4 on the last lap of the Indy 500....

5/30/11, 10:59 AM   #45
ByronMack

Quote:
Another dummy speeks!
Another high quality, full of class response from the great superduke.
Posted via Mobile Device

5/30/11, 11:07 AM   #46
REH24

Quote:
Another dummy speeks!
Hey SuperDuke do you mean "speaks". Ever thought of using the dictionary before you type. How can you get on here calling people dummies when you can't spell?

REH

3 members like this post: awnunn, Charles Nungester, Hubie
5/30/11, 12:32 PM   #47
treecitytornado

I wanted J.R. to win bad! He would have been an American in victory lane! Dan is a great driver,but we needed an American to Win the 100th anniversary!
Posted via Mobile Device

5/30/11, 1:37 PM   #48
sprinter25

Just saw ESPN's replay that clearly showed WHeldon passing JR under a green light; so the only question is, did the IRL hold the yellow until the pass was made?

2 members like this post: erich45, Need For Speed
5/30/11, 3:10 PM   #49
steve from pickering

As a Canadian and a big Paul Tracy fan, I instantly recalled how he got screwed when he passed Castroneves before the yellow was shown but subsequently was ruled in violation with some lame excuse that the yellow comes out right away on a crash. Well, talk about changing the rules along the way, the yellow yesterday was at least 5 or 6 seconds after the crash. I just can't believe the mainstream media is not all over this. J R is definitely the winner according to the speedway's past rules.

5/31/11, 12:05 PM   #50
cmakin

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve from pickering View Post
As a Canadian and a big Paul Tracy fan, I instantly recalled how he got screwed when he passed Castroneves before the yellow was shown but subsequently was ruled in violation with some lame excuse that the yellow comes out right away on a crash. Well, talk about changing the rules along the way, the yellow yesterday was at least 5 or 6 seconds after the crash. I just can't believe the mainstream media is not all over this. J R is definitely the winner according to the speedway's past rules.
Uh, quite a bit different situation. When Paul thought that he won, Helio DID NOT bring out the yellow flag. Nor was his car disabled. In this instance, J. R. not only brought out the yellow flag, his car was disabled.

Now, I do feel that using scoring loops to figure car position at the instant a yellow is thrown is not a good system, especially in the last lap. There is only one place that a race should be scored and that is at the start/finish line. If they are not going to race to the yellow, then they need to revert to the last completed lap, at the start/finish line. Of course, the car that brings out the yellow should not benefit from his inaction, so if a revert is done, the second place car would be the new winner (should the lead car bring out the yellow).

That said, there is a HUGE difference between what happened on this past Sunday and what happened back in '02.

Best rule? Race to the checkers for any yellow on the last lap.

Had that been in place in '02, Tracy just might have pulled it off. I will give you that.

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > J r wins the indy 500