IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
Danny Burton (Offline)
  #1 8/26/20 11:24 PM
From Facebook, courtesy of James (Chuy) Sandberg:

Ok this is a stretch, But there was a young man at the Indy mile that came and bought a David Byrne racing shirt early in the day and told Susannah and I it was his favorite car and it was beautiful!!

12-14 years old, Kinda looked like one of the kids from the movie Sandlot (bushy kind of hair)
He came over after we crashed and had the most dejected look on his face, Asked me if David was alright.. I pointed to the top of the trailer where Dave was watching from, He smiled.. Then asked if we would fix it, To witch I told him “not this one buddy”!! He looked more dejected than I was at that point.. I told him we’ll build another better than this one.. He said same color, I said yes sir.. His smile made a “shit night” really cool!!

Wish I had gotten his name, But if his parents are on here or himself.. I would like to send him the arm guard off the car !!

#FansMakeThisDealHappen
Edit: Susannah is saying maybe a lil older .. 14-16 range
Thank you to everyone sharing this !

Can anyone help find this kid?
DB

http://www.hoseheads.com/dannyb.html

Quiet, numbskulls. I'm broadcasting.
30 Likes: 2fast4u, Andrew S. Quinn, Brett Roa, davidm, dirt330, EBookerFan, EltoJoe, erich45, Hustlin-Hoosier, i love dirt track racing, JarrettFarms73, jonboat15, JustAddDirt69, Ken Bonnema, LB, luckybuc97, motorhead748, PJ Wright, Puppy, racefanindy, Rcar, rick42, rmr6nm, ronmil, TNRustler, TQ29m, wallbanger II, Wayne Davis, WinglessLovers, XtremeLS1
jonboat15 (Offline)
  #2 8/27/20 7:34 AM
Very cool story and very worth while. Started my morning on bright side.
3 Likes: Hustlin-Hoosier, i love dirt track racing, WinglessLovers
JustAddDirt69 (Offline)
  #3 8/27/20 8:56 AM
AWESOME story and I hope in some slim chance your able to find him!!!