IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
tqracer53 (Offline)
  #11 11/6/15 10:18 PM
We ate lunch there today and had notes saying they would only be open Thursday thru Sunday during winter.
ronmil (Offline)
  #12 11/7/15 2:32 PM
Have never been to the Mug N Bun, but I've heard a lot of positive comments about it. I am looking for a good place to eat for my two friends and me before the Bad Boy Invitational, and I had Shapiro's Deli in mind, but I am considering all viable options. I have eaten at Shapiro's once; it was before the last ever race in the RCA Dome, which I believe was in 2004. I liked the food; I know it is more expensive than Mug N Bun, but it is a totally different type restaurant. I have an open mind. If you have any suggestions for a place to get a good meal that will get us in and out in a timely fashion before the race, I would appreciate it.

Ron Miller
DAD (Offline)
  #13 11/7/15 2:58 PM
Did that used to be the old Dog n Suds in Speedway back in the 60's & 70's???
racer5c (Offline)
  #14 11/7/15 3:02 PM
Pit Stop bbq in Brownsburg and Checkered Flag tavern on West Washington in Indy
3 Likes: jim goerge, ronmil, v8j
cleatziff (Offline)
  #15 11/7/15 4:57 PM
Shapiro's is definitely a good choice. There are so many good places within walking distance of Bankers Life Fieldhouse it is tough to make a choice. I am leaning towards Kilroy's. The Old Spaghetti Factory is also a good choice.
2 Likes: jim goerge, ronmil
monkeyboy (Offline)
  #16 11/7/15 5:59 PM
Workingmans friend. Some of the best burgers in town. Cash only johns famous stews. Jockamos world famous pizza. Also don't forget about all our great breweries in town. And hotel tango distillery. The first disabled veteran owned distillery in the country. Their white whiskey is amazing.

All I need is a heavy track and heavy buzz!
4 Likes: BrentTFunk, Geoff Kaiser, jim goerge, ronmil
Rex W. (Offline)
  #17 11/7/15 10:54 PM
The best tenderloin I've had around Indy is at the oasis diner on the West End of Plainfield. Mug n bun hasn't been the same for a few years now.
ronmil (Offline)
  #18 11/8/15 4:52 PM
Thanks to all for the suggestions!

Ron Miller
jim goerge (Offline)
  #19 11/8/15 5:21 PM
Originally Posted by monkeyboy:
Workingmans friend. Some of the best burgers in town. Cash only johns famous stews. Jockamos world famous pizza. Also don't forget about all our great breweries in town. And hotel tango distillery. The first disabled veteran owned distillery in the country. Their white whiskey is amazing.
LOL I get in enough trouble with regular amber whiskey, Now I gotta try this white whiskey now
3 Likes: BrentTFunk, i love dirt track racing, ronmil