Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Roth 83
8/4/21, 9:13 PM   #11
Re: Roth 83
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

Triple X Race Components
JatcSupmassotnS fusnnooredwf ·
World of Outlaws Sprint Car Series Some context from our perspective on the press release related to Aaron's chassis, and to those questioning the chassis construction. This is not a commentary on the events on the night in question, the lead up to said events, or the resulting fallout. Rather some transparency specific to the chassis for those questioning our integrity.
Chassis was manufactured in 2011. The chassis was 100% legal when built 10 years ago. It has passed WoO tech 5 times. It was recently sand blasted and re-powdercoated (in addition to multiple times in the past).

1 member likes this post: Hubie48
8/5/21, 5:36 AM   #12
Hubie48

Interesting, I didn't realize anyone used chassis this old (2011). Also, "the same deal Bacon has with the Hoffman's? So Brady owns everything but the car?

8/5/21, 8:30 AM   #13
Therealether

Someone can correct me if I'm wrong, but pretty sure the only thing that belongs to Hoffman in that deal is the name. I'm pretty sure all the equipment is Bradys.

8/5/21, 9:16 AM   #14
chop

I may be wrong on this part. The DRC Chassis cars did not hide the tubing size that was different in a few areas on the car. Reutzel has taken a known illegal car and done things to hide it. It was a car that was built ten years ago during the no rules on tube size time period. I think the part that got him in trouble is the transferring the inspection sticker from a legal to illegal frame.

A question I would ask is would be are all ten year old sprint car frames illegal. So if some low dollar, local team is using a ten year old frame are they breaking the rules?

8/5/21, 9:20 AM   #15
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Therealether View Post
Someone can correct me if I'm wrong, but pretty sure the only thing that belongs to Hoffman in that deal is the name. I'm pretty sure all the equipment is Bradys.
Don't know the details but you could say Hoffman is the car owner as well as someone else being the engine owner. But Bradys running the team out of his shop. HAR (Dynamics Inc.) Did build and run a Pavement Sprint with Brady at this years Little 500 all done out of Loveland. Last years USAC championship winning car was sold to another owner (Glenn Farms 98) But Brady has driven and maintained it this year. Hes also driven the Longworth 410 car both this year and last.

Like I said, I don't know any details and shouldn't. But you don't Race for a living in Sprint Cars without the car mostly backed.

Nothing new to racing. I remember Shoff basically giving Frankie Kerr the team to run back in the 90s. Even blew up the hauler on the way to the Knox Nationals and Shoff said go get a new one. But you don't see it much without the driver being good on equipment and responsible with the $$
Last edited by Charles Nungester; 8/5/21 at 9:22 AM.

8/5/21, 12:00 PM   #16
Gene Franckowiak

Correct

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Roth 83