IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Closed Thread  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Midget Square Tail Tank
12/31/12, 1:06 AM   #51
Re: Midget Square Tail Tank
DAD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puppy View Post
It's called Polar Moment of Inertia..
That's what I said dang it. I got to get my "hard drive" de fragged I'm close to crashing it I think?

Honest Dad himself

12/31/12, 1:16 AM   #52
D.O.

It's an anti spin thing for some.

1 member likes this post: thebus79h
12/31/12, 1:29 AM   #53
jdull99

This was the 1st time in many years I didn't attend at least one night of the Rumble. From what I see in the results "traditional" midgets seemed to fair ok? Can any guide what were actual "pavement" cars, "purpose built-indoor only", and even combos??? One thing even the NSSN website still did this fall was listed all chassis builders and engines from Turkey Night.

Now, not trying to start anything else, but am wondering, was 31 cars taking time on Sat one of the lowest in some time? ...always wish a COUPLE more cars could at least start the feat...(I understand business/etc is involved)....

Jason Dull
815 494 6002
jdull99@hotmail.com
jasondull.com (For all the Racing News)

PS - Don, I hope I'm not going off topic on your post...you know I'd elect you President of Midget racing!
Last edited by jdull99; 12/31/12 at 1:33 AM.

12/31/12, 1:48 AM   #54
DonMoore10

hahaha Jason, you're one of the few people on here that actually talk about topics with some intelligence. Hope you are well on the way to recovery.

BTW, the racing at the Rumble was excellent this year.

Don Moore

12/31/12, 8:02 AM   #55
racer-x

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoS&S View Post
A whole lot to be taken for granted. The racing may have been good. But lets me honest here, it's not the Chili Bowl and it's not USAC. Honestly the square tank looks like crap and I don't care who was running it. And yes I am aware of who was running them. They look like crap and obviously the don't help the car for crap either because it didn't finish either night, so it doesn't really matter for crap.
The car was in the lead of the feature both nights when it retired and didnt start there.

12/31/12, 8:25 AM   #56
racer-x

Could someone maybe post a picture of the #2 car and the John Ivy car? They both reminded me of a old super modified. I think one of the best parts of the rumble is seeing cars that all look diffrent for a change.

1 member likes this post: Puppy
12/31/12, 8:33 AM   #57
chop

so last year was the year of the tire.This year is the year of the tail tank. Thanks Don, now I know what soap box you are standing on this year. How about a new rule for 2013--get rid of what ever parts-cars you have and buy what Don has on his car. That will save midget racing. So why is it that a car made 25 years ago is still the best small track-indoor car ever made?

12/31/12, 8:52 AM   #58
racephoto1

First, excellent racing at Ft.Wayne this year. To win you had to work for it, no one won from the pole.

As for the square tail of Tony's, they ran one on a Champ Dirt car in the 60's and 70's, so this isn't new at all. Some people just seem to forget the history of the sport.

Here are Ivy's badger looking 600, and Stewart's bob tail.

IMG_4874 copy by uncloose1, on Flickr

IMG_4947 copy by uncloose1, on Flickr
Ivy is the 94

2 members like this post: EBookerFan, racer-x
12/31/12, 8:59 AM   #59
GB3

Addititional concerns to me would be tire treatments and lead filled nerf bars . If those are allowed along with square fuel cells put it in the rules and we can all make a choice .

12/31/12, 9:42 AM   #60
Tony Barhorst

Quote:
Originally Posted by GB3 View Post
Addititional concerns to me would be tire treatments and lead filled nerf bars . If those are allowed along with square fuel cells put it in the rules and we can all make a choice .
I am looking to have the 2013 Rumble rules in place EARLY. There will be changes made.

In regard to the square tank issue, I will make a change to address the tanks for the midgets. The tank had no effect on the performance of the car. IMO the car looked better with the swoop back tank. There will be a line in the rules mandating them.

I regard to the nerf bars and tire treatments, that is going to be the focus of our tech. The rules are going to come out early...and I guarantee you that we will be taking bars off of cars to check them. There is going to be a lot of wrenching taking those bars off. I better have a nerf bar vendor in place.

We will also focus on the tire prep.

One final observation. Look at the drive Bobby East had in the most traditional midget out there. Ran to second both nights. Dropped to 4th the first night. The kid is a good shoe who love to race.

Next years Fort Wayne dates are Fri. Dec 27 and Saturday, Dec. 28.

Happy New Rule Year!

Follow @rumbleseries on Twitter
Last edited by Tony Barhorst; 12/31/12 at 9:46 AM.

Closed Thread Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Midget Square Tail Tank