IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
racephoto1 (Offline)
  #1 6/9/12 1:24 PM
I need a couple photos of the Champ Dirt Car twin cam ford motor . They have to be of the motor, I need to see the header location and injection set up.

Thanks
sprntr (Offline)
  #2 6/11/12 4:37 PM
Don't know is this will help, but here it is anyway: http://tss539.corecommerce.com/Vinta...ecast-p49.html
Tony74 (Offline)
  #3 6/14/12 9:15 AM
Offenhauser: The Legendary Racing Engine and the Men Who Built It
by Gordon Eliot White
Book has several photos of the Fords in it, if you can find a copy.

May be able to find some photos of Foyt since he was the only one that ran them on dirt much.
racer5c (Offline)
  #4 6/16/12 6:53 PM
Gary B In Willie Davis's car
racer5c (Offline)
  #5 6/16/12 7:03 PM
racer5c (Offline)
  #6 6/16/12 7:05 PM
this is from a diecast model but it might help
CY51 (Offline)
  #7 7/5/12 6:00 AM
I was just looking at some old photos in this thread and found a picture that may help you. Go to page two of this thread, scroll down to the topic "Vintage Open Wheel Race Car Owners" and you'll find a good picture.
Beer Goggles (Offline)
  #8 7/19/12 8:17 PM

Hope this can work for you.
Attachments:
135-7.jpg (589.0 KB)

gninc
  #9 7/20/12 11:41 AM
Hi Racephoto1, I own one of these dirt cars and if you contact me I can get you what ever photos you want.
Glenn Necessary
gninc@usa.net

Posted via Mobile Device
TQ29m (Online)
  #10 7/20/12 4:27 PM
Chris, are you sure the Ford's were turbo charged on dirt? I have several pictures, and some up close and personal looks at several, and I don't see any routing of the exhaust to a turbo, maybe they had it hid good! I do happen to have a "heat deflector" that Foyt tried to pass off as a heat shield at Indy, they deemed it a "wing", and made him remove it. Good luck! Bob!

"Being old, isn't half as much fun, as getting there"! Ole Robert I!