Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > New low for Tony Stewart
10/5/18, 10:34 AM   #21
Re: New low for Tony Stewart
Mrs G
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sprint63122 View Post
Lets see how long this one stays posted this place is deleting everything and checking messages all because of a little wannabe and a spoiled brat with some titles.
I'm not sure who or what your source of information is, Dan, but you are way off!

"This place" has the right to remove, edit, move or close any thread for any reason. You've been on this board long enough to have already familiarized yourself with forum rules, but it looks like a reminder might be needed, https://www.indianaopenwheel.com/misc.php?do=showrules. If you can't agree to disagree without name calling, trying to repost a thread or post that's already been deleted or intentionally pot-stirring, you might want to move on to another board.

Many forums have fallen apart after becoming consumed by petty squabbling or having useful information drowned in a sea of stupidity and nonsense, and that is the fate that is actively trying to be avoided here!

10/5/18, 10:49 AM   #22
chrismattlin

Just to add to my previous post...
This was not some action which Ballou did, it was just something he said. The sanction, and these tracks have made a mountain out of a mole hill simply by making an issue out of this. "Sticks and stones may break my bones, but words will never hurt me.". Venerable, ole USAC, I thought, was above something like this; but hey, derangement in 2018 is thick.

2 members like this post: jim goerge, SPRINTCAR
10/5/18, 11:11 AM   #23
ROSS

Race Count Last Year: 53

[quote=Mrs G;503326]I'm not sure who or what your source of information is, Dan, but you are way off!

"This place" has the right to remove, edit, move or close any thread for any reason. You've been on this board long enough to have already familiarized yourself with forum rules, but it looks like a reminder might be needed, https://www.indianaopenwheel.com/misc.php?do=showrules. If you can't agree to disagree without name calling, trying to repost a thread or post that's already been deleted or intentionally pot-stirring, you might want to move on to another board.

Many forums have fallen apart after becoming consumed by petty squabbling or having useful information drowned in a sea of stupidity and nonsense, and that is the fate that is actively trying to be avoided here!

Crazy how things come full circle in this world. But Mrs.G he can say and do whatever he wants in this world. He is entitled to this board and anything else he wants. What about his freedom of speech? Good luck getting these 6 or 8 guys to understand what you are telling them.
Last edited by ROSS; 10/5/18 at 12:54 PM.

4 members like this post: Al Pierce, Big Mike 7, Mrs G, speed bump
10/5/18, 11:29 AM   #24
sprintcarjim

It's going to rain out all the races this weekend unfortunately. So I say let's put Stewart and Ballou out on the front stretch and let them settle it face to face. Lol. And when ballou gets done taking care of business, he can call out any track officials and track owners he'd like and finish it once and for all. ... lol. I'd pay to see that.

4 members like this post: 7horse, jim goerge, monkeyboy, SPRINTCAR
10/5/18, 11:43 AM   #25
IN RACE FAN

I'm looking forward to a great show at Kokomo on Saturday. Hope the weather cooperates and they can get it in.

10/5/18, 1:03 PM   #26
captrat

It seems to me that what we are witnessing is the coming together of a few influential track owners with very thin skins and unfortunately the inability to see a larger picture. We often hear about how racing needs characters, rivalries, etc. I have been around for the Gary & Larry Show, Opperman & Weld, Kinser & Swindell, et al. Seems to me they put butts in the seats, not the opposite. USAC cow towing to these promoters at the expense of a single individual because he expressed an opinion is evidence of their own self-imposed lack of independence. There are plenty of historical examples of past so-called indiscretions by some of the very people involved in this decision with no punishment. The punishment does not fit the so-called crime. The real crime here is the irresponsible control being wielded by a few over what is purported to be an independent sanctioning body. It is this kind of debacle that leads to the general perception we are closer to being a circus rather than a professional sport.

5 members like this post: Chief Wahoo, jim goerge, oppweld, Rpracing1, SPRINTCAR
10/5/18, 2:12 PM   #27
Nate

Quote:
Originally Posted by K92 View Post
I know there is another photo circulating the internet somewhere where his car is on his side and his helmet is clearly out of the top of the cage!
I've seen a few people circulating that photo, if only people would realize he's climbing out at the time of the photo, of course he's hanging halfway out of the car...

2 members like this post: jim goerge, PIT CART
10/5/18, 3:40 PM   #28
Cage Faraday

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Wahoo View Post
Tony has stooped to all time low. The man who use to gripe about Goodyear tires, NASCAR rules, and track conditions at the Chili Bowl and in Australia has reached a all time low. The classless turd has to rub it in Ballou's face. Sends him a letter saying he can't participate in the ASCoC race at Kokomo, even though he's been banned from there for the remaining of the year. And apparently from one of Ballou's comments, he wasn't told about the track bans during the USAC meeting which included "Key Track Industry Partners". I know some are tired of hearing about this, but this was uncalled for by Tony. Good luck Robert this weekend at Jacksonville. See you at TSS next week. Give 'em hell!
Yea, I have to agree with you, I saw that letter on twitter this afternoon. I expected RB wouldn't be able to run with Stewy's little group since they were gonna be at Kokomo and that track was on the lists of No-Go's for RB, but the letter just adds a little more smack to an already childish butt-hurt situation. I may have to change my cats name now(Smoke) to "A---hole" or something else I find endearing. Sadly I can't change my birthday that I share with that dude from Columbus, Indiana, but either way this letter sure comes across as brat-boy nonsense. I'm sure its some sort of official legal cover your assets deal, but it just smarts that much more. Ordered my #FREEEBALLOU shirts today, can't wait to break them out in Ocala in 2019.
Last edited by Cage Faraday; 10/5/18 at 3:52 PM.

3 members like this post: Chief Wahoo, Midget98, SPRINTCAR
10/5/18, 4:58 PM   #29
nathans1012

Race Count This Year: 7
Race Count Last Year: 34

[quote=ROSS;503329]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs G View Post
I'm not sure who or what your source of information is, Dan, but you are way off!

Crazy how things come full circle in this world. But Mrs.G he can say and do whatever he wants in this world. He is entitled to this board and anything else he wants. What about his freedom of speech? Good luck getting these 6 or 8 guys to understand what you are telling them.
Freedom of speech only applies to government and censorship.

1 member likes this post: DAD
10/5/18, 5:00 PM   #30
illinifan

Race Count This Year: 10

So far Jacksonville is not rained out, and according to the pic I just saw on another post, Ballou and Stewart will both be there running with wings. I for once, am finally glad I live in central Illinois to be able to see, first hand, what happens on the track tonight. I’ll be there in my Ballou shirt hoping he passes him for the win! That would be sweet!

4 members like this post: 7horse, i love dirt track racing, jim goerge, SPRINTCAR
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > New low for Tony Stewart