IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
brsteg (Offline)
  #1 8/2/18 11:11 AM
I've not seen anything on here about Anderson's Thursday Night Thunder that they are running TONIGHT! So if you weren't aware, like I wasn't as I didn't have the date memorized this is happening TONIGHT. If you can go, go and enjoy!

From Anderson Speedway twitter:

Good Morning Race Fans it is raceday for UAW Night at the Races presented by @SIKarting!! Come out and join us for Thursday Night Sprints!! #TNSprints

🎟️ $15 for Adults, (6-12) $4
🕓 Front Gates Open at 4:00
🕖 Racing begins at 7:00
📺 @SpeedShiftTV
🚗 19 sprints entered
7 Likes: Bostonian, chrismattlin, interpreter66, jdull99, PIT CART, tirespinner, Tony74
addictedtodirt (Offline)
  #2 8/2/18 12:56 PM
It's also a HARF night. $8 with current membership!
Grocery Guy (Offline)
  #3 8/2/18 3:35 PM
Thanks for reminding everyone. What a great bargain! Hoping these Thursday night shows are a success so Anderson will schedule them again next year.
5 Likes: Bostonian, interpreter66, jdull99, superstock30, tirespinner
Adolph (Offline)
  #4 8/3/18 9:01 AM
Feature results: Kody Swanson, Bobby Santos, Caleb Armstrong, Kyle O’Gara, Kyle Hamilton. No one else was on lead lap. Chris Neuenschwander led early, but pulled into the infield at the end of the first yellow and appeared to be overheating. Bobby Santos got into the back of Armstrong’s car about 20 times and finally nearly spun him in order to get by late in the race. Anderson is very difficult for cars of similar speed to pass. Swanson could have lapped entire field if he had another 10 laps and had any incentive to do so. Dameron Taylor won Kenyon feature as he has all year.
4 Likes: Bostonian, interpreter66, Pat O'Connor Fan, tirespinner
racefanindy (Offline)
  #5 8/3/18 5:48 PM
I was there. Was a great night weather wise! Sprint cars are always fun to watch at Anderson! The last ten laps of the legends race was excellent!

Question for those who might know...how did the Armstrong car get his spot back on the restart after he stopped in turn three? Just curious.

They are doing this again on a Thursday night in Sept. mark your calendars now.
Charles Nungester (Offline)
  #6 8/3/18 6:08 PM
Originally Posted by racefanindy:
I was there. Was a great night weather wise! Sprint cars are always fun to watch at Anderson! The last ten laps of the legends race was excellent!

Question for those who might know...how did the Armstrong car get his spot back on the restart after he stopped in turn three? Just curious.

They are doing this again on a Thursday night in Sept. mark your calendars now.

IDK, How did he spin, cause a flip and get his spot back at last years little 500? 2017?

Not accusing him or anyone of anything, still boggling my mind though.

Charles Nungester
Scott42 (Offline)
  #7 8/3/18 6:52 PM
Charles, he didn’t get his spot back then. He caused a red and while they cleaned Aaron up he got turned around. Then we pushed back off at the tail end of the lead lap.

Originally Posted by Charles Nungester:
IDK, How did he spin, cause a flip and get his spot back at last years little 500? 2017?

Not accusing him or anyone of anything, still boggling my mind though.
2 Likes: Charles Nungester, tirespinner
Charles Nungester (Offline)
  #8 8/3/18 7:50 PM
Originally Posted by Scott42:
Charles, he didn’t get his spot back then. He caused a red and while they cleaned Aaron up he got turned around. Then we pushed back off at the tail end of the lead lap.
Ok, I'll take your word for it. Maybe it just seems he didn't lose his spot. Its confusing enough

Charles Nungester