IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Twin Cities BOSS cancelled?
8/25/21, 6:40 PM   #1
Twin Cities BOSS cancelled?
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

BOSS At Twin Cities August 28 Postponed
In a joint agreement between BOSS promoter, Aaron Fry, and Twin Cities Raceway Park promoter, Tim Keithley, the Saturday, August 28th event has been postponed. This event was added to the original MPD Racing BOSS schedule to fill a date left open on short notice. It is much easier to fill a hole in a schedule on paper during the off season. However, in reality, it is best if the major players in this sport can work together and make moves for the benefit of all involved.
This will allow more race teams and fans the opportunity to attend the USAC / Kokomo Smackdown the next three days. With the BOSS tour and the FAST tour booked up through October 16th, TCRP and tour officials are looking at booking the show on a different weekend in 2022. The next event at Twin Cities will be September 11th for the Family Chrysler Dodge Jeep Crate 50 that will also include the modifieds, super stocks, pure stocks, hornets and crown vics. The next BOSS event will be Saturday, September 18th at Fremont Speedway in Fremont, Ohio in a doubleheader with the FAST tour.
We want to offer our sincere apologies for the delay in announcing this cancellation, but it was NOT a decision made in haste or taken lightly. We wish everyone a safe and fun weekend, wherever their travels may lead.

Well that just blew any racing plans I had for the weekend.

2 members like this post: chrismattlin, oppweld
8/25/21, 7:49 PM   #2
wildman92

Race Count This Year: 50

Hmmmm Twin Cities and BOSS are major players? Ok. What about the other classes that just found themselves out a race? MMSA, TQs and mods.

We saw that Lincoln Park has invited MMSA to run with them on Saturday. That is where we will be. Probably cross TCRP off the list of tracks to support in the future.

8/25/21, 7:56 PM   #3
Dirtfan

Race Count This Year: 51
Race Count Last Year: 57

Hadn't been to TCRP in 4 years,was looking forward to going and seeing the BOSS series compete,not now,spend our $$$ w/LPS now.

"Today is a Gift, Tomorrow is not Promised"

8/26/21, 7:13 AM   #4
PJ Wright

And in the "Danged if you do,Danged if you don't category"...Haven't I recently heard people complain about tracks scheduling against Smackdown??? Boy it must be great to be a promoter...NOT!
You laugh because I'm different. I laugh because you're all the same. Copied from the back of the #16 supermodified.

8/26/21, 8:37 AM   #5
IndianaSprintFan

I think it’s a great move and wish other tracks would consider not scheduling over top of large events such as ISW and the Smackdown.

6 members like this post: BrentTFunk, chrismattlin, cwfan08, dirtracer74, rick42, TNRustler
8/26/21, 9:01 AM   #6
Re: Twin Cities BOSS cancelled?
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndianaSprintFan View Post
I think it’s a great move and wish other tracks would consider not scheduling over top of large events such as ISW and the Smackdown.
So where are the other seventy cars supposed to race that know they got little shot at making the feature of a USAC race?

5 members like this post: bsmith8, Eatin Dirt, Jerry Shaw, Leohr46, Tom23
8/26/21, 10:05 AM   #7
Buster51

Last 2 years Boss ran on Saturday with Smackdown. Our plan was to run Boss. Got Paragon on Friday Lps on Saturday.

3 members like this post: Charles Nungester, Eatin Dirt, tirespinner
8/26/21, 10:23 AM   #8
IndianaSprintFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles Nungester View Post
So where are the other seventy cars supposed to race that know they got little shot at making the feature of a USAC race?
I would 20 or so would race the smackdown and the other 50 have an off weekend. I know not many agree with my stance but I hate seeing big events being ran against. To each their own

3 members like this post: chrismattlin, Sandy Lowe, tirespinner
8/26/21, 11:22 AM   #9
Re: Twin Cities BOSS cancelled?
BrentTFunk

$1500 to start isn't bad

7 members like this post: chrismattlin, CRA91, cwfan08, PJ Wright, TBONE, tirespinner, TNRustler
8/26/21, 3:59 PM   #10
pcabel04@yahoo.com

Iam glad someone else thinks outside the box

1 member likes this post: tirespinner
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Twin Cities BOSS cancelled?