IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
BrentTFunk (Offline)
  #21 9/2/15 6:25 AM
I thought the King of the Hill races were good again this year. When they announced them a few years ago, I did not expect them to be that good. Also, I didn't understand why Mattox was upset after he and Andretti got together.
4 Likes: duel, flagboy55, jim goerge, WinglessLovers
flagboy55 (Offline)
  #22 9/2/15 9:46 AM
I wasn't looking at that incident but fellow onlookers felt that Mattox pinched Andretti into the wall. Maybe he was pissed Andretti didn't lift a bit. I was pulling for the 18 to make the race. He's getting faster, but I hope consistency comes soon. They have tore up some equipment
2 Likes: duel, mc/rider
Danny Burton (Offline)
  #23 9/2/15 11:55 AM
Had the usual good time at Kokomo with all the trappings, drama, speed, emotion, Half Moon, lack of serious injuries and....pork chop sandwiches.

Look up the word "malapropism" and you'll give the malapropism award to my grandson who thought the announcer was calling Brady Bacon the Nacho Man.

http://www.hoseheads.com/dannyb.html

Quiet, numbskulls. I'm broadcasting.
8 Likes: BrentTFunk, davidm, dirtnonwingfan, duel, jim goerge, Josh Spencer, racegal, SisterToThe3c
Flatrightrear (Offline)
  #24 9/2/15 4:09 PM
Brandon Mattox lifted in Turn 2 when Andretti slid up in front of him and expected Andretti to do the same when he got slid. Brandon calmed down pretty quick in the pits but they were fighting for the last transfer spot and $1,000 to start the feature. Far a small team that money can make or break your weekend. Hope Brandon can get the car fixed for TSS Sunday. He's actually a very nice and personable young man.
BrentTFunk (Offline)
  #25 9/2/15 4:16 PM
Originally Posted by Flatrightrear:
Brandon Mattox lifted in Turn 2 when Andretti slid up in front of him and expected Andretti to do the same when he got slid. Brandon calmed down pretty quick in the pits but they were fighting for the last transfer spot and $1,000 to start the feature. Far a small team that money can make or break your weekend. Hope Brandon can get the car fixed for TSS Sunday. He's actually a very nice and personable young man.
The difference is he wasn't even close to being in front of him. He may have missed out on $1000 start money anyway, but he caused 2 cars to get torn up.
Lincoln Chapple (Offline)
  #26 9/2/15 4:19 PM
Not smart to run to a fellow competitors car and knock him in the head while still in the car after a flip... No matter the money payout. What if serious injury was involved. At least make sure he is able to stand on his own and then take a shot.
3 Likes: BrentTFunk, i love dirt track racing, interpreter66
JarettAndretti (Offline)
  #27 9/2/15 4:40 PM
Brandon and I spoke in the pits after the incident and everything is smoothed over. We both felt like it was just a racing incident. We raced hard and clean in Thursday nights heat race too. Looking forward to racing with Brandon again in the near future.

Also to clarify, Brandon did not hit me in the head. I believe he just hit the car.
24 Likes: AB Racing, Andretti18fan, Bobv, BrentTFunk, Charles Nungester, davidm, dirtnonwingfan, dirt_trackgurl006, dshort36, duel, erich45, Flatrightrear, i love dirt track racing, JarrettFarms73, jim goerge, Kansasdirtfan, mowerman, oldfan49, PIT CART, rclaridge, scottyCbus, speed bump, sprint28, wallbanger II
MIKE HEIMEL (Offline)
  #28 9/2/15 5:35 PM
Mr Andretti, No matter how that incident came down, That post you made is a Class Act Move !! Clarification is sometimes the best and you did just that !! Watching you progress this season has been fun and soon many trophy"s will be in your collection !!
16 Likes: BrentTFunk, davidm, dirtnonwingfan, duel, erich45, i love dirt track racing, jim goerge, Kansasdirtfan, mc/rider, mowerman, oldfan49, racefan20, speed bump, sprint28, streetglider, tubemaster
streetglider (Offline)
  #29 9/2/15 5:57 PM
That was a very classy move from Mr Andretti. But that doesn't surprise me, given the fact that his dad was always classy, regardless of the situation. Well done Jarett.
8 Likes: BrentTFunk, davidm, dirtnonwingfan, i love dirt track racing, Kansasdirtfan, mc/rider, scottyCbus, tubemaster
Tumey's 55 (Offline)
  #30 9/2/15 8:28 PM
This is a great event made better by the fact that there is a good purse and prize money available for the competitors. If you know you are coming next year buy a reserved seat early and get 3 nights with pit pass at GA price.

One thing that has not been mentioned is that the track was different each night. This gave fans a chance to see how drivers and teams adjusted to the conditions. This was not likely done on purpose but did add a bit more flavor. The wet track on night one was probably not enjoyed by many of the drivers and tore up some equipment. However it was interesting to watch the drivers successfully navigate An atypical Kokomo track. For those of you who do not attend Kokomo much, Saturday evening reflected normal track conditions, fast on the cushion up against the wall action. In other words a DD type of track. Already looking forward to next year.
6 Likes: BrentTFunk, davidm, dirt_trackgurl006, duel, jim goerge, racegal