IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Terre Haute Set For Sprints & Mods Sunday
4/26/15, 9:29 PM   #31
Re: Terre Haute Set For Sprints & Mods Sunday
cowboyhar69

Terre haute mscs a main finish
Brady Short
Jerry Jr Coons
Carson short

Tim Wolffrum aka Cowboy

4/26/15, 9:32 PM   #32
Hammer down

Carson Short started 14th that's another good run for that team.

4/26/15, 9:36 PM   #33
cowboyhar69

Carson Short ran down in Florida with us in Feb....Very nice kid and has been very impressive with the limited experience he has.

Tim Wolffrum aka Cowboy

4/26/15, 10:05 PM   #34
Jerry Shaw

Nobody had anything for Brady, tonight. There were several yellows and each time they would have that one shot at him, right after the restart and he would just drive off into the horizon again. Carson Short did a really good job and drove a really good race. Jerry Coons had to fight him off for most of the race and did, but he's one of the best drivers at this track, so Carson has nothing to hang his head about. Kyle Robbins was fun to watch also, as he was driving it further up into the cushion than most anybody else. I would have liked to have seen some of the guys that were racing at Lakeside, also there tonight had scheduling worked out a little different, but these guys put on a good show, none the less. Although the first half of the feature was plagued with cautions and it took a while for things to really get going. The most important thing was, I was sitting in the grandstands at the Terre Haute Action Track watching sprinters flying down the straightaways. And that is always a good thing.

Jerry

Winston Churchill
Last edited by Jerry Shaw; 4/27/15 at 12:05 AM.

4/27/15, 12:34 AM   #35
jim goerge

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildman92 View Post
Beautiful day at THAT. A smidgen windy but the sun is shining! 🏁☀️
Ahhhhhh Jen I think that was a bit more than a smidgen

3 members like this post: ronmil, Rpracing1, wildman92
4/27/15, 3:06 AM   #36
DirtHawk92

Race Count This Year: 7
Race Count Last Year: 8

Brady Shorts on a roll!! Congrats 2 nights in a row.... Good to c after rough start to the year!!!

1 member likes this post: SPD 37
4/27/15, 12:16 PM   #37
Morin Racing 98

Race Count Last Year: 27

Who would have believed the amount of dust on the first 3 laps after all the rain we got on Saturday, and the staff watering the track during the breaks..... Watching the Jackslash videos and talking to the drivers, they couldn't see anything on the start of the race. Ted Hines flip on the front straight on lap one was lucky not to involve 10 cars (ours being one of them, LOL). Must just be the old clay at the facility because it has been that way for years now....two ideas...(1) spread the feature field out before the start of the race and let them run 2 or 3 hot laps to blow the track off before they are bunched up, and (2) NEVER, NEVER start a feature race when the sun is slightly above the trees to the West. I know from experience, it is blinding. They could have waited 10 more minutes and the sun would have been gone. I know the sun had nothing to do with Ted Hines flip, but there was no exact reason to hurry-up the start last night due to the fact at that point nobody knew it would take almost an hour to complete 25 laps.

Terre Haute is a ballsy place for drivers, like one person stated earlier...for more reasons than just the speed....dust, sun, tunnel dip in turn 1, concrete wall all play factors in a race at THAT. I am glad we had the chance to race there last night, but I am even happier we survived in one piece as there were a lot of torn up race cars driven by a lot of experienced drivers.....

4 members like this post: dirt330, jim goerge, Rpracing1, SpfldMile
4/27/15, 1:35 PM   #38
Rpracing1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morin Racing 98 View Post
Who would have believed the amount of dust on the first 3 laps after all the rain we got on Saturday, and the staff watering the track during the breaks..... Watching the Jackslash videos and talking to the drivers, they couldn't see anything on the start of the race. Ted Hines flip on the front straight on lap one was lucky not to involve 10 cars (ours being one of them, LOL). Must just be the old clay at the facility because it has been that way for years now....two ideas...(1) spread the feature field out before the start of the race and let them run 2 or 3 hot laps to blow the track off before they are bunched up, and (2) NEVER, NEVER start a feature race when the sun is slightly above the trees to the West. I know from experience, it is blinding. They could have waited 10 more minutes and the sun would have been gone. I know the sun had nothing to do with Ted Hines flip, but there was no exact reason to hurry-up the start last night due to the fact at that point nobody knew it would take almost an hour to complete 25 laps.

Terre Haute is a ballsy place for drivers, like one person stated earlier...for more reasons than just the speed....dust, sun, tunnel dip in turn 1, concrete wall all play factors in a race at THAT. I am glad we had the chance to race there last night, but I am even happier we survived in one piece as there were a lot of torn up race cars driven by a lot of experienced drivers.....

We were watching the condition of the track also. If it were not for the 10 or so laps run prior to the A main start, I think the track at the start would have been ok. Mo was directing the drivers for at least 4 or 5 laps to run something in below the flagstand. Feel bad for Hines. On a side note............Any driver taking a violent a flip as Hines did last night should be mandated to take a ride in the ambulance for at least a few minutes to be observed by the paramedics. He did not. JMHO

3 members like this post: jim goerge, Morin Racing 98, ronmil
4/27/15, 2:34 PM   #39
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morin Racing 98 View Post

A lot of tracks "TOP will dry off if there is a break between races. Don't drop the green, Give em a couple hotlaps to blow it off then lineup and go.

2 members like this post: DirtHawk92, Morin Racing 98
4/27/15, 3:19 PM   #40
ronmil

Race Count Last Year: 48

Just curious about what kind of Diesel engine is in that water truck. I believe it is a Ford truck, but that doesn't necessarily mean it is a Ford engine. That is one noisy beast!
Last edited by ronmil; 4/27/15 at 3:42 PM.

3 members like this post: 2fast4u, jim goerge, SpfldMile
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Terre Haute Set For Sprints & Mods Sunday