IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
streetglider (Offline)
  #1 7/24/22 9:06 PM
After today,I have lost all respect (and possibly support) for USAC. To show up at the track and see CJ Leary racing tonight is totally unacceptable. No matter which side of the fence you're on, his actions on Friday were out of bounds, and warranted a suspension for CONDUCT DETRIMENTAL TO THE SPORT. Seems as though Ballou was suspended from USAC in 2018 and on probation for 2019 FOR TWEETING about track conditions at Eldora, because it was CONDUCT DETRIMENTAL TO THE SPORT. Keep in mind that Ballou is an owner/ driver of his own equipment, therefore HE is the one paying the bills on his team. Ballou is to USAC as Hank Williams is to the Opry. They both have their boys club and Robert isn't welcome in it. He is crass and speaks his mind, which offends some people. No, he's not some polished twenty something kid looking to advance his career, he's doing what he loves. But for USAC to stand by and let a driver attack/assail any
driver that is buckled in his car under a red flag is the last straw.
44 Likes: 3R, bighd0522, billw, Black Deuce, Bostonian, Chief Wahoo, dirtbag, dirtnonwingfan, EPSpeed, erich45, FALCONEDDIE, Honest-Sam, Hustlin-Hoosier, Ilovedirttrackracing, ISF, Kansasdirtfan, Leohr46, luckybuc97, mc/rider, Midget98, motorhead748, nathans1012, Oleman61x, oppweld, Pitdad, progressive22, racenut69, rmr6nm, ronmil, ROSCO, Russ, ShamrockRacin'48G, skids59, snowdrift, SOROKACH35FAN, spicoli, stp6237, The Old Coyote, tirespinner, TNRustler, trackprep, wallbanger II, wildman92, yeleyfan76
Chief Wahoo (Offline)
  #2 7/24/22 9:18 PM
Don’t think to many people think it’s fair to get suspended for a mean tweet and not for kicking a strapped in driver twice.

* on a side note, Hank Williams was kicked out of the Opry for his alcoholic no shows. Was never reinstated and never will be. Only living artists are members. Not my rules. *. I absolutely get your point.

Eat dirt, be happy
Let’s go Brandon!!
Bryan Hirshman
8 Likes: Honest-Sam, Hustlin-Hoosier, nathans1012, PIT CART, racenut69, rmr6nm, ShamrockRacin'48G, TNRustler
Sprints fan 11 (Offline)
  #3 7/24/22 9:37 PM
Originally Posted by Chief Wahoo:
Don’t think to many people think it’s fair to get suspended for a mean tweet and not for kicking a strapped in driver twice.

* on a side note, Hank Williams was kicked out of the Opry for his alcoholic no shows. Was never reinstated and never will be. Only living artists are members. Not my rules. *. I absolutely get your point.
And that caused his biggest pain.
4 Likes: Chief Wahoo, svfd830, tirespinner, t_inmyface
ShamrockRacin'48G (Offline)
  #4 7/24/22 9:46 PM
This will not be a popular post Streetglider...its like it didnt happen at GC...Please re-read last line of rulebook:
"The sanctioning body may or may not enforce the rules listed herein, and may alter or eliminate rules without notice in the name of fair competition." Go Hank!
5 Likes: fish, Hustlin-Hoosier, nathans1012, svfd830, tirespinner
Kinser11 (Offline)
  #5 7/24/22 9:46 PM
Glad that USAC has approved fighting! I remember back in the day, one of the great Sprint car drivers, had to catch someone in the parking lot at a USAC show. So, he would not get tossed by USAC. He threw more than one punch, in the pits at non USAC shows. Glad that, they now allow fighting.
Maybe we, could get a sponsor, do something like a best fight of the night. Maybe a $100 a fight. With a point fund at the end of the season.
4 Likes: Honest-Sam, nathans1012, rmr6nm, tirespinner
streetglider (Offline)
  #6 7/24/22 9:52 PM
Originally Posted by ShamrockRacin'48G:
This will not be a popular post Streetglider...its like it didnt happen at GC...Please re-read last line of rulebook:
"The sanctioning body may or may not enforce the rules listed herein, and may alter or eliminate rules without notice in the name of fair competition." Go Hank!
You are correct shamrockracin’ , hence the USAC cover up of the tire doping earlier this year.
4 Likes: Oleman61x, svfd830, tirespinner, yeleyfan76
Rpracing1 (Offline)
  #7 7/24/22 10:02 PM
You got CJ with a FLO girlfriend and CJ’s daddy in with Spridge. What you think gonna happen.
21 Likes: bighd0522, billw, Chief Wahoo, CRA91, Dirtfan, EPSpeed, Hustlin-Hoosier, luckybuc97, PIT CART, progressive22, racenut69, rmr6nm, ROSCO, Russ, ShamrockRacin'48G, skids59, streetglider, The Old Coyote, tirespinner, wildman92, yeleyfan76
opnwhlmnd (Offline)
  #8 7/24/22 11:27 PM
Gone are the days when we could freely say on tv ... "If he don't like it he can kiss my dick, and if I get the chance he's going too."

Also I like Ballou but the poor me stuff from him and his supporters gets old and do not help his cause.

Find a purpose in life ..... Be a bad example
10 Likes: Big Mike 7, billw, dkdorkboy, Honest-Sam, Hustlin-Hoosier, Joe Schaub, oldfan49, rmr6nm, svfd830, tirespinner
yeleyfan76 (Offline)
  #9 7/25/22 8:58 AM
Originally Posted by streetglider:
After today,I have lost all respect (and possibly support) for USAC. To show up at the track and see CJ Leary racing tonight is totally unacceptable. No matter which side of the fence you're on, his actions on Friday were out of bounds, and warranted a suspension for CONDUCT DETRIMENTAL TO THE SPORT. Seems as though Ballou was suspended from USAC in 2018 and on probation for 2019 FOR TWEETING about track conditions at Eldora, because it was CONDUCT DETRIMENTAL TO THE SPORT. Keep in mind that Ballou is an owner/ driver of his own equipment, therefore HE is the one paying the bills on his team. Ballou is to USAC as Hank Williams is to the Opry. They both have their boys club and Robert isn't welcome in it. He is crass and speaks his mind, which offends some people. No, he's not some polished twenty something kid looking to advance his career, he's doing what he loves. But for USAC to stand by and let a driver attack/assail any
driver that is buckled in his car under a red flag is the last straw.
Thank you for pointing out the Actions detrimental to the sport part. I like to add this every time something comes up. It’s clear there is a club for certain guys within and some are not welcome. I love non wing racing but have little to no respect for the group running it.
9 Likes: addictedtodirt, bighd0522, dkdorkboy, PIT CART, progressive22, rmr6nm, Russ, streetglider, tirespinner
BrentTFunk (Offline)
  #10 7/25/22 12:16 PM
Just an apples to apples comparison. There was a worse fight at Williams Grove Friday night. Have heard nothing of suspensions. There was also a fight at Fremont, not sure if anything happened there. I feel those were both worse, because they happened in the pits, and others got involved. I am not sure I remember anyone ever being suspended for fighting. I do remember people being fined. I think Leary probably needs a fine and probation. May not have been the best way to do it, but I think the whole thing created excitement, and was in no way detrimental to the sport. It may even sell tickets. I am not going to compare something years ago that is not connected. I welcome anyone who has an example of a suspension in any sprint series for a one time altercation. Sorry, but I cannot call that a fight. No matter what is said and done, CJ will have to live with the video of a very weak drop kick forever. For me that would almost be punishment enough. I am going to the races. You guys enjoy your conspiracy theories.
16 Likes: 95KART, boomer, cornerthree, Danny Burton, fish, Hustlin-Hoosier, Indy1808, mc/rider, oldfan49, opnwhlmnd, PIT CART, The55, tirespinner, Turd Ferguson, Will Shunk, wrtracing