IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Pennsylvania Sprint Speedweek - 2024 Schedule
12/21/23, 2:58 PM   #11
Moreland76

All but 3 of those races are on at least a 1/2 mile track, in my humble opinion they should pay more.

2 members like this post: BrentTFunk, flagboy55
12/22/23, 8:23 PM   #12
flagboy55

76, you know I wasn’t comparing the series. I made that comment as reference. And I think it’s an applicable reference to our beloved USAC Sprint Week. It pains no one more than me to say that wings are more popular than wingless. For whatever reason that’s the truth which attracts more fans and more sponsors and thus more money. I think the USAC Sprint Week purse isn’t too bad. I think it wasn’t too long ago it was six grand to win, so we’re making progress. We just need to get more people paying attention, and that means streaming too. I don’t know much about the Western PA scene but it’s clearly not as popular and as competitive as Central Pennsylvania, thus the smaller purses. It’s all relative, right? We have the best product, just not enough people realize it

12/22/23, 11:34 PM   #13
Re: Pennsylvania Sprint Speedweek - 2024 Schedule
yeleyfan76

[QUOTE=flagboy55;571059]76,It’s all relative, right? We have the best product, just not enough people realize it

Promotion promotion, promotion! If people don’t realize it or know about it there is only one reason. With all of the announcements by teams, tracks, and especially sanction bodies over the last month there is no question there is a lack of promotion for what we know as the best product.

Merry Christmas everyone.

12/23/23, 10:23 AM   #14
jonboat15

[quote=yeleyfan76;571061]
Quote:
Originally Posted by flagboy55 View Post
76,It’s all relative, right? We have the best product, just not enough people realize it

Promotion promotion, promotion! If people don’t realize it or know about it there is only one reason. With all of the announcements by teams, tracks, and especially sanction bodies over the last month there is no question there is a lack of promotion for what we know as the best product.

Merry Christmas everyone.
Are you saying the PA track promoters get out there and actually promote? They really don't, PA speedweek has grown into something that promotes itself and the tracks are fortunate to be involved.

3 members like this post: BrentTFunk, erich45, PIT CART
12/23/23, 1:42 PM   #15
BrentTFunk

I guess we will see which series draws the most cars for the whole week, the most cars per night, and the most tracks. What exactly do these people do to promote?

12/23/23, 2:41 PM   #16
revjimk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moreland76 View Post
All but 3 of those races are on at least a 1/2 mile track, in my humble opinion they should pay more.
Why? cause they have more room for seats?
Actually 4 of the races are on less than 1/2 miles.... probably the ones I'm going to!

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Pennsylvania Sprint Speedweek - 2024 Schedule