IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Rest in peace old freind
9/30/10, 1:41 PM   #1
Rest in peace old freind
Colin25

Just received the news that Allen Ruppenthal lost his battle with cancer this morning. Although I didn't have the pleasure to know him long it was always an enjoyable and informative conversation and I'm honored to be able to call him a freind. He always had time to talk to anyone at the track, at home or on the phone. Your love and support to the racing community was a milestone that only few can acheive.

Please keep Miss Joan and family in your thoughts and prayers.

We'll miss you greatly,
JD Parker

1 member likes this post: Rob Reimer
9/30/10, 2:29 PM   #2
Re: Rest in peace old freind
Bradleyracing86

Allen was a true racer and competitor, he really cared about the sport and what direction it went. There is no way to thank Allen for all he has done for my brother and I, and the many other young racers.
He will be truly missed. As of right now there is a tenative date set for a memorial on October, 23 in Henderson. I will do my best to keep everyone informed.

Our thoughts are with him and his family,
Andy Bradley Team ERC #86

2 members like this post: Bill May, racechevy
9/30/10, 3:25 PM   #3
DAD

Allen has run his last race here on earh and I know he has won it! He at peace with his maker now, and all of the pain he has known he has left behind him now.
Allen lived to race and if Heaven is like it's supposed to be, he sitting in a mini sprint right right now hot lapping and getting ready for his first heat race in a new division.
Tell them to save me a place old buddy. I sure hope I'm coming after you, just a little late "as usual". I'm working on a few new things I want to try out.

Rest in peace old friend
Bill Jones

2 members like this post: Bill May, racechevy
9/30/10, 7:48 PM   #4
bheavelow

I had the pleasure to talk to him a few times. Everytime he was a class act and very helpful. Thoughts and prayers go out to his famliy.
Beau Heavelow MOLS # 4

10/1/10, 9:32 PM   #5
hpm22h

As JD said, I'm honored to call him friend. He was a great person, and always enjoyable to talk to. He will be greatly missed, but you won't forget that smile. Thank you for all you did Allen.

Blake Hayes
#22H ERC
Last edited by hpm22h; 10/1/10 at 9:40 PM.

10/3/10, 5:05 PM   #6
Re: Rest in peace old friend
Bradleyracing86

Looking forward to seeing old faces at Funfest, lets go out and have some fun in memory of Allen. He loved to see those cars go around, and from what I hear his wish was for everyone to race on!

10/3/10, 8:34 PM   #7
cmiracingvids

Truly saddened by the passing of such a great guy. Allen was one of the first guys I talked to when I first bought a mini, and he also helped me out quite a bit with filming the MMSA. I'll sure miss him, and my thoughts and well wishes are with his entire family.

Colin Miller
CMI Racing Vids
Posted via Mobile Device

10/3/10, 8:46 PM   #8
motsingerracing44

Allen was a great person who has helped me in my racing career so much and gave me the oppertunity to drive for him for a couple of years and i dont regret one moment of it there are alot of good memorys that i have and will have for the rest of my life he has done so much for so many people in this world and that has made him someone that i looked up to. In the mini sprit community or just racing community almost everyone knows him or knows of him he was a very successfull mini sprint racer,builder,owner and he will always be rememberd R.I.P

10/4/10, 3:11 PM   #9
Bradleyracing86

Friday, October 1, 2010

Allen Smith Ruppenthal

Allen Smith Ruppenthal, 70, Henderson, died at 8:45 a.m. Thursday, Sept. 30, 2010, at his home.

He was a member of First United Methodist Church and retired from Accuride Corporation after 15 years of service.

He was an avid dirt track race fan, and built and raced cars from the time he was 14 years of age.

For the past 20 years, he built, raced and sold mini sprint race cars under the corporate name, Economy Racing Components Inc., commonly known as ERC.

He also assisted in starting the Midwest Mini Sprint Association. He had five house cars racing in the association this racing season. Most of the cars that he built and sold can be seen racing at dirt tracks primarily in the Midwest, as well as all over the United States. He was fondly known by many of the drivers, especially the younger ones, as Mr. ERC. Nothing pleased him more than working in his race car shop. He also enjoyed mentoring teenagers and inexperienced drivers, helping them learn the tricks of the trade and coaching them in the skill of racing.

He loved his home and family.

He was preceded in death by his parents, Goodwyn and Ethel Ruppenthal of Montgomery, Ala.

He is survived by his wife and best friend, Joan Ruppenthal; two daughters, Kathy Ruppenthal of Montgomery, Ala., and Susan Caswell of Opelika, Ala.; two stepchildren, W. Fred Reiter and his wife, Darlene, of Nashville, and Kathy Wolfe and her husband, Randy, of Beaverton, Ore.; one brother, Robert Lamar Ruppenthal and his wife, Linda, of Pittsboro, N.C.; four grandchildren, Ty Cargile, Katy, Ryan and Clay Caswell, all of Alabama; five stepgrandchildren, Jack, Alex and Cece Reiter of Nashville, and Mary Scott and Nicholas Wolfe of Beaverton.

A memorial celebration will be held at First United Methodist Church in Henderson at 11 a.m., on Saturday, Oct. 23.

Friends may call from 10 to 11 a.m. that day in the Gathering Area of First United Methodist Church.

Tapp Funeral Home is in charge of arrangements.

Expressions of sympathy may take the form of contributions to First United Methodist Church or St. Anthony's Hospice.

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Rest in peace old freind